Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2002, 07:17 PM   #1
enigma
The Magister

Location: Infinite Sea of Code Red, Canada every other weekend
Anyone been the the GameBanshee Forum? They bite my head off everytime I ask a question there, so I'm gonna ask you guys
You're all much nicer [img]smile.gif[/img]

So anyways, I was wondering that because I chose to act insane to get into spellhold, will I be able to get into all those locked rooms near the room where you find Imoen? Please just answer yes or no, because I don't want to spoil anything.

(BTW, when I asked this at the GameBanshee Forum, the response I got was, " WHY DON'T YOU JUST PLAY THE f*cking GAME AND FIND OUT!!!"

And before, I forgot where a person was that I had to give an item too, and I got ,"Ummm....hello? You DO know what your journal is for....right? If you can save your game and load it, you can check your journal........you CAN save your game, right?)

They're so....b!tchy..
Old 01-24-2002, 07:22 PM   #2
Helspanth
Quintesson

Yes.
It is the same thing more or less as entering normally.Only the dialogue changes a bit.
They are not so bad at GB though...
Old 01-24-2002, 07:30 PM   #3
enigma
The Magister

Thanx.
Old 01-24-2002, 07:32 PM   #4
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by enigma:
Anyone been the the GameBanshee Forum? They bite my head off everytime I ask a question there...

I don't know where you got that idea. I just did a search on your posts over there (anybody can ), and it shows you offering advice a few times, without negative comment from anybody. Then, there was a time you asked for patch links, and several people instantly responded. Finally, there was a time you asked for advice on what NPCs to ask to a multiplayer game, and you got some friendly advice.

Not one criticism in the lot. Just five posts, with courteous, quick responses.

(BTW, when I asked this at the GameBanshee Forum, the response I got was, " WHY DON'T YOU JUST PLAY THE f*cking GAME AND FIND OUT!!!"

I just did a search of the SoA forum, and there's not a single post that's even remotely like that. And given their own rules, such a post would have been met by an immediate warn.

They're so....b!tchy..

You know, even if you had problems on GB, under a different name, it really isn't good form to complain about it, behind their backs.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: fable ]

fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:05 PM   #5
enigma
The Magister

Alright, so I may have exagerated a *bit*, but the responses I did get were pretty negative.

And I don't know what name you searched for, but I don't remember asking for any patch links or offering advice. I've only posted a few times.....I think. Mabey it wasn't me that you found.

As for the behind the back-thing, I was pretty peeved at the time, and again I overreacted. I don't want to really offend anyone, 'cause it could have been those two or three people that decided that I was inferior to their "superior gaming skills". All I did was ask a simple question, and I didn't get the response I wanted at the time.

Gosh, now that everyone's reprimanding me, I feel bad...
Old 01-24-2002, 10:39 PM   #6
fable
Quintesson

Heh, don't feel too bad. [img]smile.gif[/img] But if you ever *do* get a flame reaction up on GB, immediately write the moderators of the forum. Like here, GB is very much a non-flame board, and inflammable types are quickly put out. You'll also find a large number of very helpful people, at all times of day. That's another great thing about both Ironworks and GB: they're 24/7.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:05 AM   #7
Whailor

Just to add to Fable's post - I was also posting on Banshee forums when IW was down and had no issues there. Everyone was and is responding in mature way, no flames. I was pretty happy to find such a board to post on and read, while IW was down. Heck, I still now peek and write there from time to time.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:31 AM   #8
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

Not insulting neone but they could be brittish. They have a sarcastic sense of humour which only them and a few others get. Don't hold it against those guys though. You could be just unlucky enough to find some sour eggs in the group. That is why in this place we can "report abuse" to the regulators. If it happens again, just report them. This isn't a school yard. We would understand.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:14 PM   #9
oaxaca_dan
Dungeon Master

just my two cents - i use to frequent game banshee too, but found that they were (in general and as a whole) a bit to negative for me (never posted, only read for info) - thats why i started coming here (and was actually going to complement you guys on that before, but never got around to it), where the people are friendly and actually welcome new users..

oaxaca_dan
Old 01-25-2002, 09:13 PM   #10
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Barlik Longbeard:
Not insulting neone but they could be brittish. They have a sarcastic sense of humour which only them and a few others get.

Not all Brits are bad
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote