Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 05:49 AM   #1
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah! Killing weapons.. which weapons is definitely the coolest weapon to kill someone in BG2??? A moment of pleasure when a kobold (or whatever) was turned to a small pile of ashes because of furious sword hits?? Tell me all?? What's the favourite weapon??
Old 06-08-2001, 05:54 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Hmmmm......ILLEGITLY, I must say the KILLER SWORD!!!

But legitly.......I like the Lilarcor.... "hmmmm....taste like chicken...."

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 05:56 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

LOL!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-08-2001, 05:56 AM   #4
Gil-Galad
The Magister

At the moment I find the silver sword from captain Saeron(?) and that other race quite awesome, since there is 25% chance of target destroyed on each succesfull hit. When that happens you see the soul leaving the body. Since I play an awesome fighter with grand mastery in 2hsw that happens quite often
Old 06-08-2001, 06:36 AM   #5
Gil-Galad
The Magister

At the moment I find the silver sword from captain Saeron(?) and that other race quite awesome, since there is 25% chance of target destroyed on each succesfull hit. When that happens you see the soul leaving the body. Since I play an awesome fighter with grand mastery in 2hsw that happens quite often
Old 06-08-2001, 06:44 AM   #6
Cayle
The Magister

It says 25% in the description, but I have seen people (and monsters) make saving throws after Minsc whacked them with it. Perhaps the implementation is actuall a save vs. death or something like that. After the final save, he hit Irenicus a lot with it: lots of saves and no ghost.

Will the Gith come after it in ToB?

-Cayle
Old 06-08-2001, 07:09 AM   #7
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i must say the Celestial Fury. you can just hit them, walk around for a few secs, then hit thim again, and repeat. they just stand there and watch you killing them cuz theyre so stunned by your fighting prowess
Old 06-08-2001, 07:21 AM   #8
Lord Shield

Celestial Fury dualled with Crom Faeyr. Crom gives you STR 25, which affects BOTH weapons and the combo give you:
Stun
Smack
Stun
Smack
You can even stun golems and blobs!
And yes, there is a Save with Vorpal Sword, but at a penalty I believe

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-08-2001, 08:10 AM   #9
Link
Jack Burton

So that's what you really are!! A cold- headed killer!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-08-2001, 01:49 PM   #10
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yea description on vorporal blade is wrong. You have a 25% chance on a hit to deliver a death blow, if the opponent saves vs death (at -2 I believe) the death blow won't work and does normal damage.

Celestial Fury is great, stuns ALOt of opponents, but not Undead I believe. Stuns demons, elementals, etc. etc.

I personally HATE the weapons that do extra damage per round after the initial hit, the bleeder sword, poisoned weapons, etc. I consider them useless. The object of the battle is to kill the enemy as fast as possible, not throw a poisoned dagger at them, hide, and wait 20 rounds (at 2 damage per round) for the poison to work. Kinda silly. All the extra-damage weapons like that I quickly sold for scrap.

I like the Holy Avenger, puts a pretty little halo of light around my feet, so I can remember who is me and who isn't me LOL. mm Or is that my reflection cloak. well either one I like it.