Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 08:20 AM   #1
Ratweed
Manshoon

When does it come out
Old 06-07-2001, 08:28 AM   #2
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

I believe its meant to be 20th of June, though Amazon.co.uk are taking pre-orders for the 22nd of June.

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 06-07-2001, 01:43 PM   #3
ShadowUK

The date keeps getting changed and it depends on what country you live in. I think it's already out in Australia.......

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 06:48 AM   #4
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

In the U.S.A., Amazon.com (yesterday) stated June 8. When I looged on this morning, i read June 9. I won't be surprised when it says June 10 tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2001, 06:51 AM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Zateel:
In the U.S.A., Amazon.com (yesterday) stated June 8. When I looged on this morning, i read June 9. I won't be surprised when it says June 10 tomorrow.

Yeah....my friendly peeps at the local EB keeps on delaying release date of the game, it was suppose to be in by yesterday (according to them), I am going to check again today (but I doubt it will be there....oh well, I can pick up soem KFC along the way ).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 08:36 AM   #6
ShadowUK

KFC, Accord's got his priorites sorted..........

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 11:21 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

There's no way the game will get released till it goes gold, no matter what the retailers say. They have to say SOMETHING, so they'll just quote a date that is on their purchasing system. Until Bioware comes up with the "gone gold" message, any date you get from a retailer/store will be BS.

In case people don't know, going gold means that Bioware QA have signed off that the game is sufficiently free of bugs to be made available to the public. I would rather they took more time to make it as bug-free as possible rather than rushing it because everyone's waiting for it. Remember Fallout 2?

As soon as it goes gold I will post the news here. Shipment should then be just a couple of days from that.

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 11:25 AM   #8
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

The only good news is it that it shouldn't be much longer as they said they were getting through the bugs really quickly and lots of new info is being released to gaming websites so it can't be far away. IGN.com has new data on the fighter abilities so they must have some sort of preview copy.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 06-08-2001, 11:43 AM   #9
Vampire

Ahhhh endless sleepless nights...here I come
Old 06-08-2001, 12:20 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Read this, it's referenced from PlanetBG.

Throne of Bhaal
Derek French (Assistant Producer – Neverwinter Nights)
Release date: Sorry, but we have never stated a release date for BG2:ToB. All of those dates are just speculation by the retailers.

The game is still in QA and is getting really close to being finished. There will be a post here when the game goes gold.

------------------