Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2001, 04:45 PM   #1
Absynthe

Feeling a bit stupid here, I was messing around in dragonspire until way too early this morning, I think I've been everywhere, yet I still can't find the &$@%!$ sword. Any hints or even a spoiler would be appreciated. FWIW, I've talked to Erathsmedor and the blind guy, moved the boulders, swum up and down the waterfall, aaarggghhhh!

------------------
Old 09-19-2001, 04:58 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

There should be another room branching off of the Dragon's, there you will find the sword resting on a pedestal and a treasure chests to each side.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 05:20 PM   #3
Absynthe

Thanks, Nanobyte!

------------------
Old 09-19-2001, 05:46 PM   #4
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Just to mention, though... sometimes, Erathsmedor doesn't open the door. If you don't see an open door to the right of the great door, you may want to load an earlier saved game and do this part over.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 05:06 PM   #5
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by AliCat:
Just to mention, though... sometimes, Erathsmedor doesn't open the door. If you don't see an open door to the right of the great door, you may want to load an earlier saved game and do this part over.

Ohhhhh crapola!
I give the cloak and start a convo, but when he asks for the sacred word, he wont respond to it! All he picks up is the "mavin" part of it and I get the description of the sword again.

------------------
Old 09-21-2001, 11:02 PM   #6
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

About Erathsmedor, he's hard of hearing so you may need to walk right "into" him before he responds correctly to the magic word.

And, just checking: you did hold a final conversation with the ghost of D'Soto and the magic word was entered into your "pick" list?

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 11:50 PM   #7
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Xignal:

About Erathsmedor, he's hard of hearing so you may need to walk right "into" him before he responds correctly to the magic word.

And, just checking: you did hold a final conversation with the ghost of D'Soto and the magic word was entered into your "pick" list?

Xignal
NOpe, I didn't hold that last convo, doubtless the problem. well, it's back to the castle... grumble...
Thanks a bunch, Xignal! I would have been wandering about for days looking foolish if nor for your help.

------------------
Old 09-23-2001, 07:18 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The other quirk is that the word MUST be selected off the conversation list - it cannot be simply typed in because the game program won't accept it. If you know the word, then you have had that conversation with D'Soto already .

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 09:07 AM   #9
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

now THAT's strange... I thought it was the other way around: typing the word in!
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 06:25 PM   #10
Absynthe

Thanks to everybody who gave advice on this thread! I'm finally past the Dragonspire area and off to Brimloch Roon.
Watch this space for the next installment of "Now What?" the latest RPG oriented, reality-based web show...

------------------