Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 01:51 AM   #1
keke3368
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After about my 10th time through BG2, I finally picked the pocket of Captain Denis in the dock's tavern/inn. There is incriminating info about a certain family in town but I couldn't seem to get anyone to respond to this document. Went to the bridge, nalia's keep, temple district, and the government area with no luck. Is this a red herring or am I missing something fun?
keke3368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:07 AM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

Roenall family?
This quest kicks in if you have Nalia with you after clearing her keep. She firstly goes to her father's funeral, and later gets arrested by Isaea(?) Roenall. Then you collect some incriminating info on him, and he gets arrested and Nalia released.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:20 AM   #3
keke3368
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Many thanks. I usually just leave her at the keep doing 'good works' after I clear out all the troll but will keep her for a bit next tme through to see it all unfold. As many times as I play this thing, I always discover something new. I have a hard time changing my party ( and ordering something new at a resturant after finding one delicious thing)... maybe this is the sign that I should experiment more with my npcs. Thanks
keke3368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:53 AM   #4
D*Ranged

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Roenall family?
This quest kicks in if you have Nalia with you after clearing her keep. She firstly goes to her father's funeral, and later gets arrested by Isaea(?) Roenall. Then you collect some incriminating info on him, and he gets arrested and Nalia released.
I always wondered why not the followup to that quest when Isaea Roenall gets arrested? You incriminate him and somehow the rat tries to get even with you, or something like that...
Old 03-31-2003, 07:57 PM   #5
masteraleph
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by D*Ranged:
Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Roenall family?
I always wondered why not the followup to that quest when Isaea Roenall gets arrested? You incriminate him and somehow the rat tries to get even with you, or something like that...[/QUOTE]There was supposed to be a HUGE quest involving the slavers...apparently, it would've linked the slavers under the copper coronet, the random attacking slavers, the slave lords at the Guarded Compound, Haer'daelas (he would've had another quest), Nalia, the skinner murders, and the Twisted Rune; however, most of this quest was cut from the final game. There are hints towards this in the dialog.tlk, also, there's a minor link between the skinner murders and the twisted rune (check out some of your opponents on the bottom level of the skinner quest). IIRC there may also be some kind of link in the evidence against Isaea with the guarded compound in the final version. I assume that a followup to Isaea's arrest would've been part of this quest.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote