Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2002, 08:31 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Check it out guys, Dungeon Siege has 'gone Gold' which means, the master copy CD is going off into production!

Release date: 4/4/2002

Press Release:
http://www.microsoft.com/games/dungeonsiege/

-------------------------
The Adventure Begins! Dungeon Siege Goes Gold
March 21, 2002
The Kingdom of Ehb is now closer than it ever was! Microsoft today announced that Dungeon Siege has gone gold and is expected to hit North American store shelves by April 5. Dungeon Siege will be available for an estimated retail price of $49.99 (U.S.).

Dungeon Siege has been in development for three years by Chris Taylor and Gas Powered Games. "Everyone at GPG has worked hard to finish the game that we originally envisioned, and we are extremely happy with the way it all came together," Taylor said. "We hope that everyone enjoys playing it as much as we did creating it."

Taylor will make an appearance at the local EBX store at the Redmond Town Center in Redmond, Washington (16475 NE 74th Street) around noon on April 5. He is looking forward to witnessing the launch of Dungeon Siege first-hand and meeting fans who have supported the game throughout its development.
-------------------

This is one hell of a game guys--it has multiplayer too, AND an Editor that is TOTALLY amazing! This is going to be one of the RPG's of 2002. I recommend it VERY much! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 03-22-2002, 08:40 PM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Cool!! That means it wont b as long until it gets here in Oz as I thought
Old 03-22-2002, 08:45 PM   #3
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Never heard of it... but I might give it a try sometime.

RedBlueFlare
The dragon tamer lives on...

[ 03-22-2002, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Redblueflare ]
Old 03-22-2002, 09:12 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

April 4 it will be mine [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-22-2002, 09:20 PM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

But the big qeustion: will it be the best?
Old 03-22-2002, 09:37 PM   #6
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
But the big qeustion: will it be the best?
Well personally I haven't found anything interesting to buy lately for a good six months now, so don't really care if it is "the best" at this point, as long as it is new, and different, and challenging, and last but not least, fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Guess we will see soon enough [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-22-2002, 10:28 PM   #7
The.Relic
Red Dragon

All Right! Thanx Z-man, I have been keeping an eye out for that since you posted about it several months ago. This looks to be an excellent game. Can't wait to see those seemless transitions, and to be able to design our own areas. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2002, 10:38 PM   #8
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... I've looked at Dungeon Siege a fairly good deal, actually, but I still have to wonder... after all, there's 5 RPGs coming out (relatively) soon that I can think of (Divine Divinity, Morrowind, Dungeon Siege, IWD2, and Neverwinter Nights), so I'm trying to decide which to actually get... (sadly, Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees doesn't have an unlimitted supply of money to spend on games...)... any comments about any of these games? The one I know least about so far is Morrowind (didn't follow it much since I only got my new comp that could actually run it fairly recently... around early February I think), and not really sure what to think of it... pretty much definitely getting Divinity, but would anyone happen to have any comments on Morrowind? (Hmm... I wonder how many times I just repeated myself... oh, yes... go to the Divine Dvinity official site so that you can all see this fancy game... [img]smile.gif[/img] ) *tip*
Old 03-22-2002, 11:18 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

Well Encard, if it were me and I had only one choice to pick out of all of those games (waaa), I'd pick Neverwinter Nights myself. Dungeon Siege is a "while I'm waiting" type of game to me, although who knows in the end which game I will like better.? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-23-2002, 12:40 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

The following Games Ironworks (Meaning 'ME' [img]smile.gif[/img] Recommend

Dungeon Siege - ****
Neverwinter Nights - ****
Arx Fatalis - ****
Morrowind - *** 1/2
Icewind Dale 2 - **1/2

Since Dungeon Siege will be out first, I say go buy it--We can all play multiplayer on it! It's a REALLY nice game, and I am very strict about RPG's. Dungeon Siege IS more 'hack and slash' but it does have tons of RPG Elements, and tons of items, spells and an editor that comes out on their website is the SAME exact editor that the Authors used to make DS. Really cool.

I would say that for HARD core RPG'ers, Arx, Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights are the top of the bunch.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album