Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2003, 09:00 AM   #1
philip
Galvatron

i tried to google it up and look through tutorials but i couldn't find anything on this so maybe some of you knows:

is it possible to delete or clear text with javascript that was written by a document.write command?
is there even a way to select and delete text with js?

edit: i mean the text in normal window frames not in forms

[ 11-15-2003, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: philip ]
Old 11-15-2003, 12:44 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I've never seen any way of doing that. You can always refresh the frame and not invoke the document.write statement that time.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-16-2003, 03:35 AM   #3
philip
Galvatron

the problem is with a function I wrote, I don't have the actual code here but i can write it generally:

funtion change()
{
parent.{frame name}.location='name.html';
parent.{frame name}.document.write("{a table with text in it}");
parent.{frame name}.document.bgColor="#224466";
}

name.html is a empty html doc with only the background color changed. it has to be called as otherwise I can't get the background colors to work properly.

the first line is my way to refresh the page, as I use this script for all the links in my site, this is necesarry because otherwise the tables are added under each other instead of written a new one.

The problem is that if there's a table in the frame the script sort of stops after the first line (empty page is in the frame now) and needs a second click on the link to write the table. I tried to make this function go off twice when clicked, that worked if there was already a table. if there wasn't a table however it would create a table and put the empty site back in (logical).

I'm searching for refreshing the frame and writing the table in one click on the link, as I doubt everyone notices they have to click twice on the link. I found this line: window.history.go(0);. I'm going to try it, but I doubt it'll work as the history of the frame contains tables as well.

Thans for mentioning refresh, that turned some different results up in google!