Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should I get my money back?
Yes. 17 85.00%
No (legal affairs then, eh? [Razz] ) 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2003, 07:29 AM   #11
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I don't get it: you want a refund because a tank is missing in the game and because of that you can't progress? And how on earth should that tank have disappeared? Someone hacked into the game and deleted it? And there is no other mentioning of this bug on the internet, it's just this disc? I can't picture this thing man [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Oh, and I don't think you can get a refund on a legal-basis, but if the clerk is in any way human, you might just get it. Just plead sad [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 02:03 PM   #12
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
show them the evidence of the defunct thing, and then show them what the game should be really like. then you'll get a refund. they'll have no say.
I don't think all that is necessary. They will be unable to see the problem unless they have my Xbox, seeing as how the game is saved on the console and not the CD. It's a confidence issue. I rented this game, and discovered a problem with it that hindered my attempt at enjoying the full product. I'm not satisfied, and would either like a replacement or a full refund ($5 I think, not that much).

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

I don't get it: you want a refund because a tank is missing in the game and because of that you can't progress? And how on earth should that tank have disappeared? Someone hacked into the game and deleted it? And there is no other mentioning of this bug on the internet, it's just this disc? I can't picture this thing man [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Oh, and I don't think you can get a refund on a legal-basis, but if the clerk is in any way human, you might just get it. Just plead sad [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You're looking too much into this. The disc must have been scratched, or otherwise damaged, for this to happen. Let's imagine I'd bought the game instead, and this problem occured. What you suggest is that I should just shrug my shoulders and forget about it? What if you buy a car, and the steering wheel is missing? I know they are two different things, but in both cases the whole product isn't there.

And why are you so skeptical, have you never possessed a game with at least one glitch or bug? I'm not making this up, it would be pointless. Besides, I'm not some cheap con artist [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 02:35 PM   #13
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Since you rented the game it couldn't have cost more than a few bucks. By posting all your posts on this thread you've already spent more time and effort than the subject's worth. There's no point being petty about it, just take the game back and tell them what's wrong. Don't expect anything. If you're polite about it, they might give you another free rental or something. If not then who cares? You had some fun with the game and spent a few bucks on it.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 10-18-2003, 02:44 PM   #14
Nanobyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Since you rented the game it couldn't have cost more than a few bucks. By posting all your posts on this thread you've already spent more time and effort than the subject's worth. There's no point being petty about it, just take the game back and tell them what's wrong. Don't expect anything. If you're polite about it, they might give you another free rental or something. If not then who cares? You had some fun with the game and spent a few bucks on it.
My standing on this issue is less than when I first started this topic, but it's fun to see what other people have to say.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:29 PM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Alot of times, my wife and I rent old movies on VHS to watch. Alot of those older movies are so worn out that alot of them have the fuzzy mess that comes on the screen to obscure viewing in many places. It is an inconvenience, but deterioration of a VHS is expected.

We always take them back after watching them and we tell the clerk on duty what the problem is, and we try to say where as well. They thank us and then it is in their interest to pull it from the shelves or not. Usually, the damage is not bad enough to make the movie unwatchable, but if it ever were, I would ask for them to view it and give me a free rental of equal value for a replacement if they agree with me that they would be upset themselves to have rented it in such a condition.

Old 10-19-2003, 03:59 PM   #16
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
You're looking too much into this. The disc must have been scratched, or otherwise damaged, for this to happen. Let's imagine I'd bought the game instead, and this problem occured. What you suggest is that I should just shrug my shoulders and forget about it? What if you buy a car, and the steering wheel is missing? I know they are two different things, but in both cases the whole product isn't there.

And why are you so skeptical, have you never possessed a game with at least one glitch or bug? I'm not making this up, it would be pointless. Besides, I'm not some cheap con artist [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No, I'm not skeptical, just confused! I can't see how a mission-related object is missing from the game. EA would surely retract all those faulty copies and fix the problem. And a scratch on a disc causes the disc-reader to freak out, I never heard of any case where the actual gaming data is altered or even removed. And I'm even more confused as to why it's only your disc and not all other discs and stuff. I'm just a nosy little bugger, thats all [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 04:03 PM   #17
Nanobyte

Ah, well then; you can come down here and rent the game yourself, if you think it's necessary [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 08:31 PM   #18
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Ah, well then; you can come down here and rent the game yourself, if you think it's necessary [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Nano,
They would never accuse you of the damage if you're the one reporting it. I've taken back games and DVDs because of issues many times and never ever once was it even suggested that I might have done something to damage it. A good business won't accuse you of a thing. They may not outright offer you a refund, but request to speak with the store manager (not the on staff manager, the onsite manager) if the clerk doesn't offer you a refund or free rental and explain to the manager the situation, you might get something out of it.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:59 AM   #19
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:

I'd love to, but my GPS doesn't know where vengeance is...
Old 10-20-2003, 09:38 AM   #20
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

dont expect a re fund just because you suck at a game.

Quit whining.