Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2003, 10:39 AM   #1
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Okay, I'm working on this story, but I need a plot.
Six adventurers, what can they do.
Keep it clean please, if you have any ideas.
If you want, you can PM me.

[ 06-02-2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Dragonshadow ]
Old 06-02-2003, 11:05 AM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

ROFL! So you're "working" on a story but all you have is that there are 6 adventurers. That's what I call an err... loose framework. Well *cough* good work so far, keep it up!

Can I also PM you if I want? Cool, thanks! Wish I'd had such an opportunity while growing up!

[ 06-02-2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 06-02-2003, 11:45 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
ROFL! So you're "working" on a story but all you have is that there are 6 adventurers. That's what I call an err... loose framework. Well *cough* good work so far, keep it up!
Man, Vaskez, that is exactly what I was thinking!
I'm not trying to be a smartass or rude or anything, but WHY do you want to write a story? Mostly people write because they're inspired, to channel creativity, to produce something creative or entertaining, or maybe to cope with some problems. But why write a story when you have NO inspiration or imagination at all, so that you have to ask people to give you ideas for even the most basic things...
This is a serious question, by the way, I would really like to know! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-02-2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 06-03-2003, 10:38 AM   #4
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Man, Vaskez, that is exactly what I was thinking!
I'm not trying to be a smartass or rude or anything, but WHY do you want to write a story? Mostly people write because they're inspired, to channel creativity, to produce something creative or entertaining, or maybe to cope with some problems. But why write a story when you have NO inspiration or imagination at all, so that you have to ask people to give you ideas for even the most basic things...
This is a serious question, by the way, I would really like to know! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]I DO have ideas, and they are in n o way connected to each other. I know that they are trying to find something, and they have a long jorney to get there, including mountains, but until I know what they are looking for and why, I can't go anywhere, can I?
Plus the stress of school and tests has limited my free thinking time. And I would like to try to write a story, you know, to do in my spare time.

As for coping with problems, I have enough of my own. And as for creativity, it has all turned into anger, I'm afraid, as I have no way to let it out, not even to go outside and speak total and utter c**p.

I hope this answers your question, but probobly doesn't.
And I noticed that you said "with no imagination". Are you saying that I have no imagination? If you are, I know I haven't, you don't need to tell me.

I'd just like to give it a try, see if I can. So far in my life, I have achived nothing. Bad grades, few friends... I've tried writing since it was 8.

DS

very sorry if I said something insulting. I was upset.

[ 06-03-2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Dragonshadow ]
Old 06-03-2003, 12:08 PM   #5
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Can I also PM you if I want? Cool, thanks! Wish I'd had such an opportunity while growing up!
*snicker snicker*

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 06-03-2003, 02:26 PM   #6
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well...I'm trying to write one myself...but I need a little more of your ideas to construct anything ot give any advice...I mean do you want to set it in Forgotten Realms? Make your own world? Any exotic races? (Dwarf, Elf etc.) Feel free to PM ME for help! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
No, it was serious! I'd be glad to offer anything! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2003, 02:30 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Why don't you write the story of a game? Play whatever you're currently working on, and write out what happens. Several of us are doing that on the W&W board, and it's a lot of fun. Once you're comfortable, you can start adding in your own elements to the story that may or may not be part of the game.

That way, the majority of the plot and everything else are given, and you just need to add some details to it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:27 PM   #8
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Why don't you write the story of a game? Play whatever you're currently working on, and write out what happens. Several of us are doing that on the W&W board, and it's a lot of fun. Once you're comfortable, you can start adding in your own elements to the story that may or may not be part of the game.

That way, the majority of the plot and everything else are given, and you just need to add some details to it.
I tried. Belive me, I tried. I have three drafts of the dungeons of BG2, but the subplots made it too hard. maybe IWD, but I feel like I'm stealing it...
Old 06-03-2003, 05:56 PM   #9
Sythe
Ra

You know Salvatore I was thinking the same thing too. For a couple of weeks I was thinking about a story about adventurers. Just that I have no plot or anything but something did inspire me. Salvatores books. Tried writing a story in 6th grade whoo turned out so bad so much bad grammer horrible plot I nearly died from laughter but stopped when I remembered I typed that. My teachers say I have a lot of potential though. I am going to write a biography about Ko the soon to be famous and first kobold adventurer. JK! I am going to start doing this during the summer when I have more time once school is outta the way. And finish this HUGE Malcolm X project.