Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 12:34 PM   #31
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

my point is, we should find a way to let their people over throw the government that harbors the terroists, and let the terroists have no place to hide

the most important thing is USE THEIR PEOPLE against them
Old 09-16-2001, 12:36 PM   #32
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
my point is, we should find a way to let their people over throw the government that harbors the terroists, and let the terroists have no place to hide

and that is why we should learn their cause, their belief, their religion, their culture

so we can manipulate it, and give a desire to their people to isolate the terrorists

see, if we show good to those coutries, the people will learn "America is good"

it may take generations to build this image, but it WILL work

then where do they harbor terrorists?

Old 09-16-2001, 12:37 PM   #33
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
isnt that part of the justice? or you mean, like assasination?

then you are making heros out of them, I am afraid that is going to create more and more terroists

I say condamn them, use belief system, disrupt their public imagines

or manipulate them

whatever you do, don't make heros out of them
You will create more martyr even if you bring them to justice... look at Nelson Mandela. The fact is, wheter we want it or not, more terrorists will keep coming. They will boost their ranks WHATEVER our response. What we consider just is what they consider American domination (which ironicaly is exactly what they are fighting). As far as I'm concerned you are better to assassinate them on sight then let them grow and strike in the Occidental world unhampered.

We have now entered in a very SAD, SAD world of death, vengeance and war. There's unfortunately nothing we can do to prevent them from striking:

If we let them live, they will strike because they see our believes as a danger to their way of live. If we kill them on sight, they will still strike because they see our believes as a danger to their way of live.

So, what are we to do? The only solution that will not solve the problem is to remove the ones that will pose a direct threath to Occidental lives.

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-16-2001, 12:39 PM   #34
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
You will create more martyr even if you bring them to justice... look at Nelson Mandela. The fact is, wheter we want it or not, more terrorists will keep coming. They will boost their ranks WHATEVER our response. What we consider just is what they consider American domination (which ironicaly is exactly what they are fighting). As far as I'm concerned you are better to assassinate them on sight then let them grow and strike in the Occidental world unhampered.

We have now entered in a very SAD, SAD world of death, vengeance and war. There's unfortunately nothing we can do to prevent them from striking:

If we let them live, they will strike because they see our believes as a danger to their way of live. If we kill them on sight, they will still strike because they see our believes as a danger to their way of live.

So, what are we to do? The only solution that will not solve the problem is to remove the ones that will pose a direct threath to Occidental lives.

I never said bring them to justice
don't even think about them
watch them, if they make a move, strike him down, but don't attack them directly
work with their people
improve their people's well beings, and their people will take care the terroists for us

but unfortunately, few here would agree with me

Old 09-16-2001, 12:40 PM   #35
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:

But then you're stuck because only a very small portion of the population now believes that the US is right. If we remove the Taliban goverment, their is a chance that more will come to believe that. But it's only a chance. None the less, I, like you, do not agree with bombing the S**** out of the civilian population.

It's a very hard call. Much harder than to decide to shoot down a US air carrier on American soil

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-16-2001, 12:42 PM   #36
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
I never said bring them to justice
don't even think about them
watch them, if they make a move, strike him down, but don't attack them directly
work with their people
improve their people's well beings, and their people will take care the terroists for us

but unfortunately, few here would agree with me

Good point, might work. Worth a try. But I would still take out the terrorists on sight just in case. If you keep helping the populace in the process, they might turn a blind eye.

Who knows.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 12:42 PM   #37
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
ONE major flaw that I can see in this is that all you do is become a terrorist yourself. You make others "obey" out of fear. Not come together in understanding for the greater good of all people. I know that the terrorists have to be stopped and, while retribution greater than the damage inflicted sounds doable, you hurt more innocent people. You cannot possibly punish ONLY the terrorists by bombing them because they don't set up their own camps in their own little areas that can easily be bombed. They infiltrate and go about as "normal" citizens in 'innocent' cities. Just think about it for a minute. They have infiltrated American cities/states. People didn't know that they were terrorists. Should we bomb Florida or California because these terrorists lived (and some may still) live there? I'm not flaming at you and I'm not entirely a pacifist, but I believe if there will be bombings and fighting, we've got to be VERY careful in doing it. I don't believe in a military view of "acceptable losses" or "expendables".

I just heard on the news that they believe there are still around 35 groups in America living in Florida, Texas, and California.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 12:44 PM   #38
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

there are many things US can do

build an image that is well towards Muslin, say the president can make some muslim holidays and shit

give some profitable policies to muslim countries

hope that muslim countries have a natual disaster, so US can donate help

stop supporting or trying to overthrow their government there

do all those things to make their people believe:" USA is GOOD and JUST"

if we have their people's support, then we will win
Old 09-16-2001, 12:45 PM   #39
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
there are many things US can do

build an image that is well towards Muslin, say the president can make some muslim holidays and shit

give some profitable policies to muslim countries

hope that muslim countries have a natual disaster, so US can donate help

stop supporting or trying to overthrow their government there

do all those things to make their people believe:" USA is GOOD and JUST"

if we have their people's support, then we will win

Lot of good points there, but I really wouldn't want to hope for natural disasters. I understand what you are saying though.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 12:46 PM   #40
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
I just heard on the news that they believe there are still around 35 groups in America living in Florida, Texas, and California.
Geez!! That many??? Are we talking JUST "outside" groups or does this number include the ones who ARE Americans? Since they know about these 35 groups, are they going to try to "root them out" and get rid of them? Or are they going to try to set up a 'sting' from within? Any info?

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. Occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy *