Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 04:25 PM   #1
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

I SOOOO Can't wait. I saw the movie at an advance showing in June and let me tell you, it is AWESOME. I can't say enough good things about it.

So happy that it's finally here!
Old 09-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Erm.... Shwa?
What's serenity?
I have seen the thread at The Oasis, but never actually read it
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:06 AM   #3
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm looking forward to this. Joss Whedon has a unique style which i have grown to appreciate. For those that don't know him, think "Buffy" and "Angel".
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:44 AM   #4
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Yup, that's him, but Firefly, which this movie is based off of, is not like Buffy or Angel, in fact I know a few people (NOT me) who don't like those shows but LOVED Firefly.

HiveTyrant, you should see if any of your friends have Firefly on DVD. If so, check it out, it was a GREAT show. Then go see Serenity (or see it before )

SEVER -- when does it open where you are? Happy to see another Whedon fan!! I've been inducting more and more of my friends and co-workers into Browncoats. You will LOVE this movie.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:02 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Heck yeah, man! I am really looking forward to getting into the show tonight or tomorrow. I need some entertainment.</font>
Old 09-30-2005, 07:23 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It's out today, but I have a World of Warcraft raid so I can't go, but I can't wait to see it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 12:02 AM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
It's out today, but I have a World of Warcraft raid so I can't go, but I can't wait to see it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hahaha. I'm sorry but that made me laugh
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 01:33 AM   #8
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It started a few days ago, i think. Not that i can watch it any time soon. Fuel's a bit too expensive for me to be traipsing down to the city to go to the cinemas. Not this weekend at any rate. Hopefully next.

Haven't seen Firefly (it got axed pretty early on in the states didn't it?) but i've heard it's different to Buffy/Angel. But that's beside the point. Whedon's signature style is still present...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:51 AM   #9
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I can't wait 'till this movie hits Europe. When Firefly first came out, I lost hours of sleep over it each night, because it was only broadcasted at one in the morning. Definately worth it, though.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:22 AM   #10
Telwyn
Dungeon Master

Some friends of mine went to the premier here in Edinburgh earlier this month and got to see all the cast. They paid an absolute fortune for the tickets because they sold out so quickly and they had to buy them second hand. But they said it is an amazing film, even better than they were expecting (and they were expecting a lot, trust me). It doesn't get a general release here until 7th October and I can hardly wait [img]smile.gif[/img]
Telwyn is offline   Reply With Quote