Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2003, 05:56 PM   #1
Nastymann
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok folks,
How do you start the next chapter of the game after you clean out the Ice Palace? Where do you exit the present chapter on the map. I will come back later to do the battle squares.

Nasty
Nastymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 08:22 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, if you've killed the three priestesses and cleaned out the altar, all you have to do is give Nathan his stuff and walk out the door. The rest happens automatically.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 09:42 PM   #3
Nastymann
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ho NO!! I did all that and nothing happened. Now what? Is there any other way to trigger the new map? Thanks for replying!

Nasty
Old 06-23-2003, 01:02 AM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, no, that's the only way of getting on past the glacier. Only Nathan can break it up. He does that once he has his stuff (the bag and the ring), and, of course, is let out of his cell.

Then you just go out the door of the temple and the sequence is automatic (or, automatic after you kill Sherincal, if you slipped in through the side door originally).

No one has ever had a problem with that before. Are you sure all three priestesses are dead? Did you release Caged Fury from the altar?

If you did those, and Nathan has his stuff, and he's out of his cell, and you still don't get to the breaking of the glacier, you may want to talk to customer support.

Nightowl2
Old 06-23-2003, 07:23 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Nightowl is mostly correct, but the actual EXIT to the next area is along the northern edge just WEST of the Ice Temple.

Spoilers ahead:

When you exit the ice palace, you get a cut scene showing the Ice Wall coming down. From the entrance to the Temple, go south, west and then north and you'll run into a group of soldiers. Remember that letter, and the "orders" you picked up in Targos??? This is where they get used. The actual map exit is along the north edge of that area. You have to physically move to the exit point - you are not automatically transported to the next area. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 11:12 AM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

In every game, right after the animation of Nathan breaking up the glacier, my party was right there with him. We didn't have to do any walking around at all.

Nightowl2
Old 06-23-2003, 04:19 PM   #7
Nastymann
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK everyone, I found the mistake I was making....gads what a dope (turns red) I forgot to talk to Nataniel. Once I did that the game moved on. Thank you all for your time!! Now I am off to adventuring again thanks to you guys/gals [img]smile.gif[/img]

Nasty
Old 06-23-2003, 08:26 PM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

It's always the obvious stuff....

Glad you found the problem and have moved on to better things.

Nightowl2