Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2004, 02:38 PM   #1
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
I have How and TotLM and just wondered when they would start. The furthest I have got in IWD is Dorn's Deep. Does it automatically start after the IWD story has ended, or is a different story which requires me to export chars, start HoW, import chars?
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No, HOW does not automatically start when IWD is finished. Check out this thread for a non-spoilish run through on the timing of when to start HOW:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...c;f=3;t=002998

if you want a more detailed answer, read on:
spoilers to follow:

HOW is initiated by talking to the barbarian in one of the houses in Kuldahar. Even if you talk to him, you won't be able to start HOW unless you have reached certain level limits.

I recommend that you start HOW once you have recovered all six badges but BEFORE you go up the spiral staircase in LDD. If you go up those stairs, which require all six badges to access, you will trigger a fighter which will trigger you being teleported back to Easthaven and you won't be able to return to Kuldahar to start HOW.

TotLM is triggered by talking to Hobart Stubbletoes at the inn in Lonelywood. My preference is to start TotLM once I have gone to the barbarian camp for the second time and confronted "Big I" in his barbarian form. Tell Hjolldar that you aren't ready to procede, go back to Lonelywood and talk to Hjolldar.

When you finish TolM, you will be transported back to Lonelywood. Now you can finish HoW, at which point you are returned to Kuldahar. Then go back to LDD, and you can finish the original game from there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:43 AM   #3
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

You can also complete HOW in segments and then return to IWD. However, the further you get in HOW the harder it gets!
Old 04-10-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So glad I took a minute to look up this old post or I'd have climbed the staircase and been teleported to East haven and not had a chance to complete HOW. IWD members, I appreciate all the info that you've logged onto this forum, it has enabled be to enjoy the game, this is the first I've ever tried something like this. happy Trails....
TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:33 PM   #5
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

I'm sure all of us IWD/HOW players are glad to be of service TL. Happy gaming.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:58 PM   #6
SpongeLikeCow
Dungeon Master

Nothing to worry about. Your characters are automatically exported when you reach the final battle in the original game, and you can start HOW with them at your leisure.
SpongeLikeCow is offline   Reply With Quote