Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2000, 03:12 AM   #1
Grinch2020

What is the status on importing/exporting characteres from one game to another. For example can I export my characters from IWD to BG ot PS:T? Will I be able to export themto BGII in the future? I have BG but would like the ability to export my characters from IWD over to that game. Thanks in advence for any info you may have.
Old 08-15-2000, 11:09 AM   #2
tuna

I think this has been asked and answered before. But IWD and BG are completely different. One takes place along the coast in the middle latitudes (BG) and the other way up in the north (IWD). You can use the character editors to create the same party and equip them with the same eqipment. However BIS is saying you can import your BG chars into BGII since the action takes place several months after BG/BGTOSC. However they say that by doing so you won't be able to take advantage of the new character customization features...kits!

Similar to IWD, PS:T does not allow you to import BG or IWD chars into the game. Importing characters does not fit with the story. And what would simple adventures from Candlekeep be doing in the plane of Sigil anyway.
Old 08-15-2000, 02:17 PM   #3
sibley

You can take advantage of kits for characters imported into BGII from BG or TOSC. In particular, you will have a chance to redistribute some (all?) skill points to take good advantage of them. This information and more is on the official web page.