Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2004, 11:40 PM   #1
SpongeLikeCow
Dungeon Master

Ok I'm at the beginning where you have to go to the four towers, and pull a switch to go downstairs in each one and retrieve a scroll. The problem is the two towers on the left, the ones with the fallen paladin and the wyverns. The switches dont work. I hit them over and over and no stairs appear. What gives?

I tried reloading a previous save and doing them in different orders, the two towers on the right always work fine, the two on the left never ever work. I'm about to scream.

I have the Ultimate Collection so its all patched.
SpongeLikeCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 04:29 AM   #2
Nutman
Dungeon Master

Gidday,

did you do different combos of the switches in both the right and left towers?

cheers
Nutman
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:41 PM   #3
SpongeLikeCow
Dungeon Master

Thanks. That whole dungeon was pretty irritating. I'll skip it entirely when I replay the game.
SpongeLikeCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:12 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

IIRC, the switches open the stair cases in an adjacent or diagonal tower and NOT for the staircase in the tower that they are found in. Try going back and re-flipping the switches in other towers to double check. Be careful though, the harpies have a tendency to respawn until you clear one specific tower.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote