Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2000, 03:12 PM   #1
M.U.P.

So, this is my second time through, and I'm doing my best to get all the goodies right, but have had a hard time "saving" Marketh's Drow girlfriend that he beat up. She says that she's enchanted and cannot leave, so I figure I'll find a way to remove or hide her enchantment. I wander off to fight Ilmadia, who drops that she has a necklace or tolken of some kind that hides her true nature! Brilliant! I figure I'll kick her butt and steal it, give it to the Drow, and get some nice EXP. But after she goes down, guess what? No magic item of the kind! Nothing on her corpse, nothing in the three containers in her broken-down old shack.

Any ideas?
Old 08-15-2000, 03:51 PM   #2
sibley

Malavon has some Oil of Null Effect that you want. I think this won't work until after you get rid of Marketh, though. And not by killing him.
Old 08-15-2000, 07:00 PM   #3
MeanUnclePaulie

Excellent. I let the weasle scurry away once he gave up his badge so I can go back and get her out.

As a side note; I think I've talked two or three baddies out of their badges. What kind of people is the big guy giving these to, anyway? Wouldn't you think that he'd give them to serious villians who wouldn't give anything up without a fight? Maybe you could get the EXP for TRYING to talk them out of it, but have to fight them anyway.
Old 08-16-2000, 07:21 AM   #4
Modjahed

I agree with the last one. I mean, the huge Frost Giant surrounded by a dozen of huge buddies says: "Oh, well, you can have it, just don't let the Master hurt me..." C'mon!