Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2002, 04:41 PM   #1
Dixie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, everybody, does anyone know where we can get a map of Ascension Peak? We have been using the Wizardry 8 walkthrough published by Sybex and written by Mark Walker. We can't make heads nor tails out of its map of Ascension Peak. It doesn't correspond at all to the map on our game screen.

We have been fighting lots of horrible monsters in the Peak area for several hours of gaming, but are hopelessly lost. We sure would appreciate knowing of a good website map of the Peak region.

Thanks for your help,

Dixie and Foxy
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 07:53 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

heya!

this link i am providing is a SPOILER!! so be prepared, okay?!

Check out Volderbing's page. His walkthru is A+ Excellent.

that link takes you straight to the AP walkthru of his online game walkthru. At the very top is a clickable link to his map, with notes etc. (it's an uncovered map, like in our game).

hope this helps you out!!

V***V
Old 03-25-2002, 01:19 AM   #3
Dixie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, Vesselle, thanks so much. We sincerely appreciate your help. Also, we patched the game, as you suggested yesterday, we haven't had the crashing problem nearly so much.

Have you finished W8? You sound very knowledgeable. We are just about to finish it for the first time.

We appreciate your help,

Dixie and Foxy
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 05:53 PM   #4
Knip Dyolf
The Magister

Dixie,
Be sure to save your game as you get close to the Cosmic Circle and the Dark Savant.
SPOILER
You are confronted with 3 options that will decide what endgame you witness.
The option to join with the dark savant has the best and most complete ending.
If you have a save handy its then up to you to decide if you want to replay the game three times to see the endings or just use the save.

Knip

[ 03-25-2002, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Knip Dyolf ]
\"Listen, strange women lyin\' in ponds distributin\' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. \"<br />Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knip Dyolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 06:51 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

~~dixie~~

i'm glad that helped you! and i got the demo with the rest of the world, on halloween eve 2001. played that about 10 times, waiting for the game!

LOL! after that, i have finished quite a few games and started about a dozen good parties (must be dozenS of ones i junked!). i LOVE all the different classes and races! and the fact that they are all so well balanced and that you can win the game from a solo ninja faerie to a full blown 8 person party is just sooo great!

i'm one of those players who must find everything in a game. and if she doesn't, well then, its a matter of replaying till she does!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

plus i love listening to everyone's stories about their games. that's almost as much fun as playing.

~~knip~~

::waves at knip:: hi there! i haven't seen you for awhile! i missed you!

that's great advice!! for someone who isn't as intense as i am about playing thru so many times, that's a wonderful way to experience the different endings for the game.

V***V

Chatty Girl

[ 03-25-2002, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]