Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2001, 04:29 PM   #1
dragonslayer
Manshoon

I'm currently in Dorns Deep levelling up for HoW and ToTLM but I'm having great problems with Drow Spellswords, before entering dungeon with first badge, Krilags I think. My characters surround said spellswords and begin hacking away with THAC0s between 4 and 7, they should chop the elves down but critical misses count up to about fifty ,covering my mesages window, two drow with an exp value of 9000 together kills my party with characters with over 130 hps and armour class between -3 and -12, really annoying. Anyone else seen this problem with the expansions installed?
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 04:49 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I always send out a scout. Usually a bow-equipped fighter with boots of speed, who gets things going then retreats while the party prepares
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 05:51 PM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I never had that problem; looks like back luck for ya. That is a tough level to hit head on. Personally, i try to sneak around and flank the archers from behind on the left flank; works beautifully. Otherwise, web it up and don't stop until they're all stuck!
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 07:21 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Summon up an elemental or two (scrolls can be bought in the first level of the dungeon, the area with all the ettins). Use them as fodder and come in behind them using ranged weapons.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 08:55 PM   #5
Khanar
Manshoon

i used a fireball or two on the orc archers, and then slaughtered everyone else in range with acid arrows. Make sure to target the Drow sorcerers as soon as you can and take them out. Then cross the little bridge and switch to melee and beat the crap out of everybody that stands against you. Oh, all your defensive spells from the clerics will be handy, and haste also, from your mage.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 11:00 AM   #6
dragonslayer
Manshoon

Thanx for the help,

I made it through without summoning anything or webbing anyone, used 2 fireballs, one on each side and then my main fighters managed to kill the elves with some backup from the Ranger and Thief with bows, but the problem was in the top left cotner facing only two Drow Vanguards I believe their names are, them two elves killed my entire party with some help from my fighters the first time, but I made it through with some extra spell support (Haste, Bless, Prot. from Evil, Prayer...)

Anyway the bug is gone and I'm in Wyrm's Tooth with a party levelling between 9(Paladin Ranger) and 14 (Thief).
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote