Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2002, 10:05 PM   #1
HiyoCherryo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know people might be eying me for posting this on a baldurs gate site but which do you like ore, Diablo or Baldurs Gate. I personnally think diablo is a bit better just because the magic part of it is easier. I hate the whole memorizing spells and you can only use them a certain amount of time. And you NEED magic to get through diablo but(or at least for bg1) u dont need magic in bg.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:18 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
It all depends on what type of gamer you are. If you're the kind that prefers the mindless hack-n-slash types then Diablo is your game, but if you prefer something a little more inelectualy fulfilling and something that includes an actual worth-while storyline, then Baldur's Gate is probably your game. (yes I know this was a horribly extended run-on, but I have a bad cold right now so I don't care. ;-p) Anyways, you can probably guess which I prefer from my above statement.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 10:22 PM   #3
HiyoCherryo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Truediablo is kinda mindless and there is no story line but i hate using magic in bg but from ur comment u kinda made me change my mind (hope u feel better)
Old 09-18-2002, 11:28 PM   #4
Jan

BG is so much better than hack-n-slash Diablo. I could make a list but it will take too much time. Make a search in the SoA forum. This topic has been up long time ago and people mainly voted BG as no. 1. Diablo has waist of money. A dissapointment in my eyes.
Old 09-18-2002, 11:44 PM   #5
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

I agree that BG is better than Diablo; but, I still enjoyed Diablo. The true randomness of magic item generation and diversity of magic item creation blows the magic item system of BG out of the water. BG wins handily in all other areas.
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 02:48 AM   #6
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

i thought diablo was cool but it never held my interest because you went down into the same place for every quest, there was no real roming around. And if some of you think that magic in BG1 is complicated oh man are you in for a treat in BG2.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:44 AM   #7
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

i'm tired of People dissing off magic!! for starters it is not useless in BG. while it may not help THAT much, a well placed fireball or a few Magic Missiles and dozens of monsters to help, is actually more helpful then brainless fighters make them out to be!!! Oh yeah BG all the way, but BGII is much better. And Diablo just didn;t have enough character classes for me (where was the good ol Mage???)

I meant no offense to ANYONE in this post, i'm just sticking up for mages.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:47 AM   #8
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

oh yeah i liked Diablo alot too cause it has slick graphics and some cool monsters, especially Diablo. So u could say i like all types of games:p ahh hell...(Merlin teleports out)
Old 09-19-2002, 04:22 AM   #9
Jan

True randomness of magic item generation and diversity of magic item creation.

Ok thumbs up for that but the items were pretty crap.

BG all the way!!
Old 09-19-2002, 11:20 AM   #10
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

BG and Diablo both have the same purpose...rid the world of bad guys.

I like to compare that purpose to surgery (SP?).

In Diablo you do that surgery with a sledgehammer, while in Baulder's Gate you perform the surgery with a scapel...with the option to use the sledgehammer if you wish.