Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
Tarlanon
Manshoon

The contest winners have been posted! Go here :

http://home.earthlink.net/~dcvote/

And click on the Contest Winners link near the top of the page to see the results.

First, let me give a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the artists who Submitted entries into the contest. Your time, effort and passion has just given Dungeon Craft some new tools to help excite every designers imaginations. Regarless of the outcomes, you are all winners!

And the results were even bitterly contested too! Overall about 20 people cast their votes (This might have been higher, but there were some that had to be thrown out and it sounds like there were some problems with the web site) who cast a total of 141 votes. In 3 of the 5 categories there were ties as to the most popular icons. In one category, it took 3 'tie breakers' to get a winner. They broke down like this :

1st Tie Breaker : Of the artists that submitted, which one were the most popular.

2nd Tie Breaker : Of everyone but the artitsts, which was the most popular.

3rd Tie Breaker : Everyone in the 'known' DC community, which was the most popular.

So yeah, quite a squeeker.

I will have all the icons that were submitted avaible for download and use in everyone's designs sometime this weekend. I will also be submitting the winning icons to CocoaSpud for inclusion in the next release of Dungeon Craft, granting the winning artists some measure of immortality!

Thanks again to everyone who made this contest (IMHO) a complete success!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #2
Spirits forever

oohh cool, congrats hive!
Old 01-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
manikus
Jack Burton

Wait till my mom finds out that I'm going to be immortal...she'll be so proud of me!

Congratulations, HiveTyrant and Susan Putney! Those are awesome icons and I can't wait to see more from both of you.

-manikus
Old 01-07-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
TwilightKing
Dungeon Master

Congratulations to all winners!!

Kicking myself now for not at least submitting my halflings, but, like a typical artist, I didn't feel they were "complete".

Can't wait til the next contest....I've got some really orcs I'm working on!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2005, 12:57 PM   #5
Tarlanon
Manshoon

I've updated the site to include a download with all the great submissions we had, ready for use in all your DC designs. You can find the download link at the bottom of the Winners page.

http://home.earthlink.net/~dcvote/id9.html

Enjoy!
Old 01-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #6
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Wooo Hooo!!!

Awesome work everybody, and congrats to the contest winners, Hivetyrant, Manikus, and Suzan!!!
You guys ROCK!

This was definately one of the better ideas we've had lately for generating new ppl and of course new art.

I wanna personally thank Tarlanon for the great idea. I can only begin to say how this idea has impacted us now (and will hopefully continue to). It was a great motivation and seemd like it picked up ppls interest and number of posts.

(SilentThief shakes Tarlanons hand)
keep it up, bro!

SilentThief

[ 01-08-2005, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: SilentThief ]
Old 01-16-2005, 05:27 AM   #7
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Wow!!!!
Just got back from holidays and saw this....

Well what can I say? I knew I would win [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, nah I think everyone did very good icons, and thanks for the congrats guys
Im actually working on some new icone which I will add the the MSN groups place (If thats where you guys want it )
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:10 PM   #8
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
MSN group???? How many groups we got?

SilentThief