Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2002, 09:41 PM   #1
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Since we have a very special day coming up, I thought it would be nice to share some valentines stories. I'll start off, since my hubby just gave me some beautiful pinky-purple tulips as his "Pre-Valentine's Gift." (he's very creative). My best Valentine's Day gift was my marriage, as it is also my anniversary. My worst was when my (thankfully)ex-husband had a huge fight with me. Any others?
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-06-2002, 09:46 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

WEll, I've got some great Valentines stories...unfortunately, none of them are fit for a family forum! [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]

This Valentine's, I'm in quest for a bottle of Casmir perfume...it's my wife's favorite and she's having a devil of a time finding it in our town. So while she's visiting her mom this weekend, I'm going to sneak down to Dallas and see what I can drum up.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-06-2002, 10:08 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

No memories as of yet... however, I am hoping to build some in the future, and I have a particular person to help me with that...
Old 02-06-2002, 10:30 PM   #4
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The worst Valentine's Day for me was in 2000, cos I ended up working late into the night (with my boyfriend then, no less! Now an ex-, thank goodness ) preparing for a forum the very next day.

As for my best Valentine's Day... well, I also treat the day as Friendship Day. And I did have a pretty nice one in 1996. It was my first year in University overseas, and I was kind of lonely. A guy friend was sporting enough to exchange Friendship Day gifts with me (I got him a card, he got me two mini-jigsaw puzzles featuring two of the Colleges of the University). And top it off, we dined out that evening at a relatively cheap eatery, followed by some desserts at a nearby cafe. Then it started to snow just a little... I still feel so happy thinking of that day.

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

Old 02-06-2002, 10:46 PM   #5
Moni

My favorite Valentine's Day memories have to be those of days long gone when we, as elementary students, tried to sort out the box of cartoon valentine's to suit each fellow student that we gave one to and wishing for a kiss on the cheek in thanks from the cutest boy in the class. [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

I've never been really hot on getting the traditional box od chocolates and flowers (although I've enjoyed them all LOL) and have to say the best gifts I've ever gotten were #1) a pantsuit and #2) a car.

This year I crocheted KHaN his own custom binky...just over 6 and a half feet long and 4 and a half feet wide, my big guy never has to worry about his toes poking out of the bottom of a good blanket while kicking back in his recliner or laying out on the couch. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Since it would be very hard to hide it from him while I made it, I asked him what colors he wanted, let him approve the pattern and let him see me make it.
It only took about 5 days which amazed me since I haven't crocheted in about 15 or 16 years...apparently it is like riding a bicycle. [img]smile.gif[/img]
So, instead of getting it on Valentine's day, he has been enjoying it for a couple of weeks.
I guess now we'll have to go out for dinner and a movie on Valentine's Day and make coming home to take a nap worthwhile.

Old 02-07-2002, 12:24 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Galadria, my best Valentine is the same as yours. Love you, babe.
Old 02-07-2002, 02:12 PM   #7
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Aww..thanks, sweetie grinz~ gigglz~ smoochiewoochie~
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-07-2002, 04:04 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I hate to spoil the mood here, but I don't like Valentines day, I've always had Charlie Browns luck, nothing ever seemed to go right around valentines day, and *crosses fingers* hopefully this year will be the first one i've had where I'm not utterly alone. But on the plus side I am thinking of proposing to this young woman... so maybe i'll time it right and finally have a good one.
Old 02-07-2002, 04:20 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Attaboy, Sir Mogeruat. Go for it! "You never know until you try." Good luck, guy.
Old 02-07-2002, 04:21 PM   #10
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

I LOVE valentines day.
Its my birthday, i always have fun, no matter what.
cheers!