Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2001, 11:06 PM   #1
Madhatter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok I have decided that there is a lot that I didn't know about the game when I first started playing. I made my characters foolishly can anyone help me with making new characters and what I should do with making 6 new characters
thanks
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 11:13 PM   #2
slug
Manshoon

i have 3 suggestions. keep playing with this party until you learn yet even more things that you did not know. you can still restart and might have some more helpful gear for your new group. also wait til you get all the replies to this then use a pencil and the book when you start dropping new dice.

isn't backing out of PC creation great?

also check thread called small party adventuring.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 11:26 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay...depends on how you want to go with it.

For a 6-character party, you need at least 2 warriors, at least 1 priest, and at least 1 wizard (2 if possible). Whether or not you get a rogue is up to you. Since Barbarian is an easy role ascension and can be done early-on, you may want to make 3 warriors and make one of them a Barbarian, and use him/her to learn traps and locks and pickpocket. The only reason I say this is that Rogues can't join a guild until Ishad N'ha, making them weak starting characters as far as skills development go.

Best type of 6 character party: 2 warriors, 1 rogue, 1 priest, 2 wizards, or: 3 warriors (make one a Barbarian), 1 priest, and 2 wizards.

Have the Wizards start learning Stone spells soon on, but don't neglect Sun as well. Have the Priest learn Vine spells quickly.

As soon as you can, take one of the Warriors to Paladin, and the other to Ranger. Now you have another character with Spirit magic, and another with Vine magic, in addition to the Priest.

If you go the 3 warrior route, make the 3rd warrior a Barbarian and have him/her start learning Traps & Locks. If you go the Rogue route, throw all of his/her skill points into Traps & Locks; any leftover add to Pickpocket. Get T&L up to level 5 ASAP. Level 5 T&L will pretty well open almost any chest or locked door west of Brimloch Roon, with a few exceptions.

If you have the gold for it (see below), train your spellcasters in their respective guilds on their Sun, Stone, Vine, and Spirit magic. Add skill points to Sorcery (it determines how powerful the spells are).

When your warriors ascend, split points between Sorcery and Gallantry, but more on Gallantry, as it increases the damage done per hit. Again, train other skills in the guilds, gold permitting.

Donating at the temple on each level increase will increase the Presence attribute by 1 point each time. Use wisely to get characters up to the Presence level they need to ascend to a new role.

Do not ascend your spellcasters to a new role until around level 14, unless you plan to take one or more to Warlock; then it's up to you. Make sure you have all the spells you want in the upper levels before ascending.

Do not ascend your Paladins, Rangers, and Barbarians until they get to their Guild level 5 (in Ishad N'ha), as this is when their unique class traits (Paladin -> Crusader, Ranger -> Fletchery, Barbarian -> Stunning Blow) become available to them. After getting those traits, consider ascending them again to a new role (Samurai, Ninja, Assassin, etc.)

On Rogues: Consider ascending them to either Bard or Ninja soon on; Bard can learn both Moon and Fiend magic; Ninja can learn Moon magic but has great hit ratios and can learn Kung Fu and the "Lethal Fist" trait.

After you join a guild, you can have your character join other guilds by accepting a Role Ascension, joining the appropriate guilds, then canceling the ascension quest by going back to where they got the ascension and clicking on the quest icon again.

It's up to you whether or not you want to use the "Inn Gold" cheat...if this is your first play through, I'd say go for it, but be careful with it. Advancement in this game is so danged dependent on gold that you may want to "up the odds" a bit.

Hope this gets you started out, and that I didn't overload you with information.

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote