Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 04:12 AM   #1
Soma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just ran into the mantraps...i'm in trouble cuz my most powerful spell is meteor(lightning is TRASH, btw). is there any place where i can level up quickly(2 more levels) until i learn meteor storm? I wish i had flamedrop..worked like a charm against those idiots the last time round..
Soma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 04:48 AM   #2
scrottum splitter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well the way i did it was to make sure it was daylight for starters, You can see alot further.
Then i had one of my guys cast a load of summon creature spells to keep thoughs mantraps busy. followed by all the spells in my books basically. I managed to defeat all four in one go but it took me about 10-15 mins to do so. i had to keep replenishing my mana with potions. Oh and i dont think the serpant wand protects you from poison either.
HHmm flame drop and burning haze are by far the best spells to defeat these buggas.
scrottum splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 08:18 AM   #3
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi, if you want to level up quickly do like this... go back to Valeia, drop off all characters except your wizard (and maybe a warrior for backup) in the inn. Go back into the first crypt. In the crypt you encountered a ghost (it might be the Ghost of Gliebott), if you took the path opposite to the statue of Kerah and then turned right and took a few more turns after that. He is in a circle of candles in a small square-shaped room. The fine thing about him is that he respawns after exiting and reentering the crypt. Kill him a couple of times (zap spells works fine) and you should make level 7 in no time. Then go back to the inn and pick up the characters you left there.

//Jazzid

Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 09:54 AM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

No, it's the Spirit of Rumphy. He's in the Crypt. Just go to the statue of Kerah and follow the passage. If the memory serves well, take the right side of the fork and he's in the basement in the far doors.

Good luck... BTW: try to get Meteor storm, now that's a powerfull spell.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 10:24 AM   #5
Soma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks fer the quick replies...i'll try it. btw, wat does merlin's shield spell do? costs a ton of mana to cast...
Old 10-09-2001, 11:35 PM   #6
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Merlin Shield protects you against magical attack. It's said to be a very usefull spell especially against Mantraps. Personnaly, I finished the game 5 times with 5 differents party and I never used it.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 12:16 AM   #7
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by scrottum splitter:
HHmm flame drop and burning haze are by far the best spells to defeat these buggas.
Actually, I find Petrification to be the most EFFECTIVE spell. One hit and they're dead.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 02:28 AM   #8
Soma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

lemme see..merlin's shield protects ya from mantrap breath...so can i just slap on merlin's shield on all my chars and go toe-to-toe with em? oh yeah, lemme guess. petrification is prolly a 200 mana cost level 7 spell...