Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 03:09 AM   #1
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi again all... ok, is there any reason not to push all my warriors to barbarian as soon as possible? my party is all level 3-4, i don't want to paint myself into a corner! thx all..
daiSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 04:02 AM   #2
Pangur Ban

I think its a bit early. If you wait for a while, when you do change roles, you will shoot up in level very quickly, which can be useful if you are doing training via the guilds. I tried to time my role changes so that as many characters as possible changed at the same time. After you finish the serpent temple is a good time to do multiple role changes.

Make sure you don't change roles for spell casters until you have learnt all the spells you want - if the new role doesn't allow those spells you will only gain them at half your skill - making 7th level spells very hard to get !!

Pangur Ban
Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 07:57 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi daiSho!

My own preference is to change warrior types when they reach between levels 7-10, magic users usually level 14+ before I'll consider changing them.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 11:04 AM   #4
the_young_one
Manshoon

One other thing to bear in mind is that if your "warriors" gives the boogre brew to the Idol at the end of the gauntlet run in the Boogre Prison, he can get the Giantstrike trait which is very impressive. I found that barbarians always get this trait while other classes were not so fortunate and ended up with nothing or fortitude went up by one..

the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 11:45 AM   #5
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I wouldn't recommend it
I'll wait until he's up to level 13-up
suggestion: I would change the spawn frequency up to high. that way you get more experience points killing before you go on to your next quest
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 12:16 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Change the warrior to a barbarian early on only if you don't have a rogue. Otherwise, wait until you at least get to Ishad N'ha so you can train him in the Thieves' guild.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 08:40 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

My preference - don't take a rogue in your initial party (too limited). Pick a warrior, and 1st thing is to change to Barbarian (for Berserk trait and lockpick skill). Then convert to Ranger, to develop Vine magic up to cure poison (level 3 or 4 before serpent temple), then to paladin to learn healing skills (level 6 at least for great heal). Then it's 2 levels as a samurai, then a good long life as a warlock (say level 12, invke pendants and learn all magic books except Stone) before he becomes a lifetime assassin.

Any other warriors, priests, and wizards can follow the more conventional lines. The guy above though is a handy fighter, does all the lockpicking, and is a backup for the major healing spells. An all round master of disaster .

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 02:28 PM   #8
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Change the warrior to a barbarian early on only if you don't have a rogue. Otherwise, wait until you at least get to Ishad N'ha so you can train him in the Thieves' guild.

-Sazerac
I agree with Saz !
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote