Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2004, 01:20 AM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I know this game has been out for a little bit over a year, but I just got it the other day, but because of a few complications, I must play it back from the beginning.

I've already nearly gotten to the end of it, and it's not such a bad game, but it does have it's pitfalls.

Good Points
Characters- The creators did a good job incorporating each Disney character into the plot to tie the story together, and I love how they even put FF characters into it.

Storyline- Not too bad, not the most detailed, but it's good enough to make you want to play until the end.

Graphics- Pretty good, I'd give it a 8/10, even if it is cartoonish.

Special Abilities- Hey, being able to jump high and fly is always ok in my book.

Pit Falls
I think KH is a good game, but it has those certain downfalls that will make you grit your teeth when you play it and the majority of it revolves around the combat area of Kingdom Hearts.

Battle System- I prefer turn based combat, but I didn't mind all that much. If you have your back against a wall, you're screwed because the camera angles won't let you see the enemy and you can only really have two permanent party members with you.

Boss Fights- Early on in the game, the boss fights aren't too bad, even up to the point of Guard Armor and Jafar, but from then on out, it takes an eternity to kill each boss (Ursula, Dragon Melificent, and the giant volcano bat to name a few).

Final Boss- I know there are games that you have to fight a certain boss a certain amount of times, but this is ridiculous. Fighting the final boss 5 times is just a bit too much, as no boss I've run into is that damn strong to keep on fighting.

Overall- I give this game an 8/10 and a Semi-Hack'n'Slash RPG.

Oh yea, and just a quick question to anyone who has played this. If the Heartless go to different worlds, and they arrive through the keyholes, then why do they have to search for them?

[ 02-18-2004, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 04:42 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:

Oh yea, and just a quick question to anyone who has played this. If the Heartless go to different worlds, and they arrive through the keyholes, then why do they have to search for them?
If I remember correctly, They are searching for the keyblade holder. The keyblade will be used to open up a door that will lead to the heartless world. thus flooding every world with heartless.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:34 PM   #3
Sythe
Ra

One more thing. I think you should've put a spoiler tag before revealing the boss of the game.