Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2000, 01:34 PM   #1
carg
The Magister

Another topic the manual is very brief about. The program mentions some uses, but there must be others. Please contribute any other effects of attributes.
Here are those I know of:
- Strength is obviously used for carrying capacity, but if I invoke an amulet of e.g. holding with my wizard, his strength increases but his carrying capacity doesn't. Then at level gain it did jump up. Is this just the program updating carrying capacity only at level up, or is it also dependent on level?
Strength is also used for bashing open chests, and wielding heavier weapons.
It should also help monks do more damage.
- Dexterity is said to help on disarming chests. Never really noticed that; it's kind of hard when not all star chests with equal number of stars are equally hard.
- Agility certainly helps with attack speed.
I saw another message on the board saying characters with high agility jump higher.
- Fortitude helps with more hitpoits at level up, and faster regeneration.
- Intelligence helps with more skillpoints at level up. This ranges from usually 1 up to 4 or 5!
- The program says Spirituality influences the ability to learn spells, but I never noticed a difference!
- Will should help with mana point regeneration.
- Did anyone find any use for presence, other then for the elite role requirements? (Why Barbarian !?)

Has anyone noticed an attribute influencing the manapoints you gain at level up? What about casting speed?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 02:10 PM   #2
Lily the Ranger

The only thing I am sure about is that Fortitude does effect your ability to be resurrected! Mussy remain bones. RELOAD!
Old 12-13-2000, 07:04 PM   #3
Jungwirsch

The effect of intellect is that you get your intellect divided by four as the number of skill increases. Intellect 8=2, 12=3, 16=4. I haven't seen 5 so far, but hey, I've been too stupid to advance to 20.
Old 12-13-2000, 10:43 PM   #4
tritone

Everytime you learn a new spell, your mana (for the particular spellcraft) goes up by a number of points equal to your Spirituality attribute. So it's very important!!

Will definitely affects how frequently your character is affected by enemy spells. I noticed that my character with an average Will gets cursed/poisoned/insanit-ized/etc much more often.

Carrying capacity is greatly affected by character race - now matter how many points of strength you add to a pixie, he'll never be able to carry much.
Old 12-14-2000, 12:16 AM   #5
Onabe

anyone know what attribute if any affects how many new attribute(ability) points one gains per level.
I have noticed some of my chars seem to get more than others. My human warlock seems to get more on average than my other chars. But I can't seem to directly correlate this with any one stat.
Maybe it's random and he's just lucky who knows. Most things in this game don't seem to make a whole lot of sense, but it sure is fun.
Old 12-14-2000, 01:09 AM   #6
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My warlock with intelligence 24 gets six attribute points when leveling up. I remember that 16 is the value where my characters went from three to four.

My rogue with a presence of 6 could not get the gypsy near Nymph lake to trade.

Two things I'm curious about. Do all your characters have to be high in athletics, or just the lead character, to jump higher and, say, climb dragonspire?

The word describing chests ... intricate, moderate, etc. changes depending on which character looks, but the number of stars stays the same. What is the significance of this?
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 02:13 AM   #7
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

six skill points, I mean, or whatever they are.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 03:36 AM   #8
carg
The Magister

Thoon,
the number of stars on a chest is an absolute measure of it's difficulty, although there seem to be more then 5 difficulties, so not all 2 star chests are equally hard. The message 'easy' to 'intricate' gives an indication of how hard it is for the selected character to successfully disarm it, depending on skill, attributes (?) and chest difficulty.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote