Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2003, 12:09 AM   #1
Wolf On Fire
Dungeon Master

I have a Redoran Warrior in the fighters guild and the theives guild. I went and asked the lady in the thieves guild for the code book (fighter quest) but she would not give it to me even though her disposition was on 85. She just told me why the fighters guild wanted it and that I have to choose a side. I want to be with the fighters guild but how do I get the book.

Sorry for the length.

Wolf on fire.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:48 AM   #2
B_part
Quintesson

The book is on her. If you want to be a fighter, taunt her and kill her.

Also, Have you tried raising her disp up to 100? she might give it to you anyway. bribing is a good thing, although a bit costly, so save before trying. If it doesn't work reload and be more persuasive.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:59 AM   #3
Oruboris

She won't give it up, period. You can get it quite easily IF you aren't in the guild already, but if you since you are, you'll have to kill her

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF you want the book.

BUT: don't. What she tells you about the local Fighters guild siding with the Cammona tong is true, and later in the game you'll have to decide whether to side with the pro-cammona fighters or the pro-theives fighters. Either way, you can advance to lead the fighters guild.

So just skip that mission. The guildmaster in Balmora won't give you any more quests till its complete, but there isn't any sort of time limit: she'll wait forever for you to complete the mission.

The only really good mission you get from the Balmora fighters is to rid the Ebony mines of a band of theives, and you can do that without being ordered to. HUGE amounts of profit to be made there, if you have any sneak skills.

Instead, do missions for the fighters out of Ald' Ruhn and Sadith Mora. Another small spoiler: the guild in Vivec is also in the hands of the Cammona Tong, so if you want to stay in good with the theives, don't do too many missions for them.

Oru

[ 09-13-2003, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Oruboris ]
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 05:47 AM   #4
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

When you're a member of the thieves guild, you only have two choices if you want the book. Either kill her and make amends or steal it from her which requires high security and sneak.

Always ask Persius in the fighters guild in Ald Ruhn about the missions you're getting from Balmora and Vivec. He'll tell you what's the right thing to do.

C
Old 09-13-2003, 09:02 AM   #5
Psycho
Dungeon Master

spoiler..
if you advance in the thief's guild, one of your missions will be to bribe the fighter's guild chiefs... after doing this first, the fighter's guild won't give you the code book quest, and you can become head of both thieves and fighters
Old 09-13-2003, 11:41 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Just taunt her and get the book once you killed her. The thieves won't hold it against you.