Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 02:36 AM   #1
Vehndetta
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Could be a spoiler...........
We know that BG including TOTSC doesn't have all the dialogue and NPC interaction as BG2 and TOB but I was curious what are some other peoples favorite dialogue or comments from NPC's that they have encountered. I just recently had had Jaheria and Kaigan together in my party and one interaction between them that struck me as pretty hilarious considering how serious Jaheira comes across and went something like this. Kaigan "Brrruupp".... to which Jaheira replies "You know Kaigan you are some what amusing in a what the hell is wrong with you kind of way". Kind of strange that playing this game for 3 years this is the first time I have caught this one. Was curious about any others that someone might have come across.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
TyranyuZ

Same here Venhdetta that dialogue is unknown to me too [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyways the first place is going to the dialogue between Gorion & Sarevok in what seemed to be their last dialogue... The reason it's my favorite is basicly because the Gorin's voice acting is amazing.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:11 PM   #3
Karathis

coolest dialouge in my eyes !

the one with Tomako, when she tries to convert you to saeravok's side
Old 07-06-2004, 09:47 PM   #4
Halbarad1891
The Magister

I've heard Jaheria say that a few times, not suure if it was to Kaigan though.
It has been a while since I played so I can't remember much of the NPC dialogue... Though two of the best non-NPC sayings that i've found are:
"Recent evidence suggests that a barrel full of monkeys is not half as fun as previously claimed, and is, in fact, rather horrifying!" from Oobie something or other (upstairs in one of the Inns).
And said by a fat guy in Baldur's Gate City: "There's a thin man somewhere inside of me screaming to get out. Well it serves him right, he shouldn't have stood so close to a buffet!"
Halbarad1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:30 AM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Jaheira likely says that line to most of the evil characters, because I remember having the same dialogue with Xzar, minus the burp. That guy who talks about the barrel full of monkeys is in the Jovial Juggler in Beregost, btw. I always liked the bandit's lines. "So I kicked him in the head 'til he was dead!"
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:32 PM   #6
Firetoad
Dungeon Master

I like Thantlyr's advice after completing the chicken quest.
...I wish you intelligence. I would wish you luck, but it runs out much faster than you should like.
or something like that
Firetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 06:05 AM   #7
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

The one with portalbendarwinden:

Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!
Old 07-10-2004, 10:20 AM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
The one with portalbendarwinden:

Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!
The best part is that you still don't get an answer [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote