Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2006, 04:42 AM   #1
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

I want to try to have an evil party this time, because i have always played good ones, and i want to try something different.

for my PC, i want to make a thief -> fighter
i want a sorceror
I want a mage/cleric
and i will have a fighter, korgan

0 i only want 4 in my party for more exp, and to try something different,
because i allways play with 6.

0 i want to change edwin into a sorceror, just to try something new, what
do i need to do to change this? I have shadow keeper.

0 I think i will recruit Haer'dalis (spelling?) and SK him to a elf
mage/cleric multi. how would i go about doing this without causing
problems?

0 My thief -> fighter will dual at around level 15, so i get the x5
backstab. she will be an assasin. I want to also dual her to a morituri,
which is a kit added by the morituri addon. I know its against dnd rules
to dual to a class, but i dont care frankly. how do i dual her to this
kit? i can dual her to a true class fighter, then add the kit in SK, but
the morituri kit does not show up in the available list. is there some
other way to make this work?

thanks,
Tim
Old 01-21-2006, 04:58 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

[Slight spoilers, but nothing if you've already played chapter 3, which I believe you did]

Just wanted to point out one thing. If you play a thief->fighter, you will not be able to chose the evil way of doing chapter 3 with Bodhi.

I can't help you with your SK questions, but I know it might be possible to use SK to allow Bodhi to accept you. Or dual to fighter before speaking to Bodhi (kind of difficult, seeing how you want to dual at level 15). Or, if it is possible, and if you want to keep the composition of your party, maybe it's better to change Haer'Dalis to thief->fighter and play the cleric/mage with a PC.

Just my thoughts. Although it is perfectly acceptable for an evil party to do chapter 3 with the shadow thieves, you would want to do it with Bodhi for the experience (and I don't mean XP).
Old 01-21-2006, 06:54 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

Although Bodhi is (debatably) the most evil way to reach your 'goals', the Shadow Thieves are evil (just use a Detect Evil) and therefore a perfectly good choice as well. Just because the game makes you believe the Shadow Thieves are 'good' in a sense, you have to bear in mind that they do, in fact, resolve to methods such as torturing, extortion and bribery. Not the likes you want to be associated with when you're a pureclass paladin.

In short: the 'experience' isn't the holy reason to side with Bodhi and her lackeys. It's just a matter of choice and roleplaying.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 06:55 AM   #4
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

yeah ive played the game before, right till the end of TOB. wonder how much exp i could get before doing chapter 3...
Old 01-21-2006, 07:25 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

What I'm wondering is: why not start a multiplayer game with a thief->fighter, cleric/mage and a sorceror instead of Shadowkeeping multiple characters?
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Mostly because NPC's are more interesting then player generated characters. Plus BG II has a limited number of interesting soundsets.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've thought about starting a game with an assassin and dual it into a fighter before, but the problem with this idea is that you'll lose about 60 hp than if you would start with a fighter instead.
Is that sacrifice really worth it? For me it wasn't. The kensai/thief combination is my absolute favourite.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by el_kalkylus:
I've thought about starting a game with an assassin and dual it into a fighter before, but the problem with this idea is that you'll lose about 60 hp than if you would start with a fighter instead.
Is that sacrifice really worth it? For me it wasn't. The kensai/thief combination is my absolute favourite.
I've run this combination through the entire series using Tutu, and I can honestly say you won't be dissapointed. Just plan well ahead and you'll be fine.

IIRC, you can get both levels above 25 with this dual-class combination.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

thanks peoples.

does anybody know how i should change the NPC's to different classes, as mentioned above? the reason is as kyrvias said, they are more interesting, and i want edwin also because he is the best mage, IMHO, as he has many extra spells at his disposal. would he loose this advantage if i changed him to a sorceror?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #10
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Just because the game makes you believe the Shadow Thieves are 'good' in a sense, you have to bear in mind that they do, in fact, resolve to methods such as torturing, extortion and bribery. Not the likes you want to be associated with when you're a pureclass paladin.
Exactly my thoughts. From roleplay point of view both Shadow Thieves and Bodhi are fine.

What I meant is since he already played the shadow thieves, he might want to side with Bodhi to try something new he hasn't done before.