Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2003, 02:13 AM   #31
Faceman
Hathor

For some time I thought (especially when seeing the thong) that this was a parody/satire just like landoverbaptist (the site they are supposedly fighting) but it is too professionally made and not exaggerated enough for a parody.
To say a few words about landover:
This is a satirical but IMHO extremely overdone site. The fact that its satirical nature isn't mentioned anywhere is okay as it is rather obvious. But headlines like "Die already" over a picture of the Pope are just ofensive. I may be an agnostic but I carry deep respsect for the positive influence Christian culture has had on my (and various other) country(s). It's people like landoverbaptist who give atheism a bad name.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:42 AM   #32
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

They won't, that's the sad part. Just like the children in Korea who are brought up to hate all americans, these kids will be completely indoctrinated in those beliefs. At least they aren't waving nuclear weapons around ....
I know many people who have broken early religious indocrination, by various means and ways and at different times of life of course. Some left the offending denomination/church for good, some simply found a different denomination that doesn't participate in this kind of religious/philosophical prejudice, and some found a different religion/ spiritual path altogether.

IMHO Religious indocrination differs greatly from the kind of nationalistic indocrination typical of Authority/dictator states.

Unrelated but I find ironic: I was thinking how these kind of churches advocate praying for people like me and just today I prayed for the children of people like them.

[ 10-14-2003, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 10-14-2003, 06:04 AM   #33
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

I'm pretty sure it's a parody made by the people behind Landover Baptists.

C
Old 10-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #34
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

lambuel....how do you read that name? to me i hear it in my head as lamuel (sorry if i spell that wrong) who is (in the book of mormon) one of the brothers opposed to their prophet father lehi and the obediant son nephi. this i find amusing. of course lambuel could be pronounces as emmanuel, but i am not sure. either way i find that part amusing.

i find ruby offensive. i am tempted to create a new iw screen name and delte all my email accounts just to avoid association with her. not really but the thought crossed my mind.

and scaring kids away from ppl different is an old tactic. i find it disgusting as life would be boring without our differences. and truly if that were the way it should be i'd have no friends....well very few...as most of my friends are not mormon.

and as far as multiple gods not loving their subjects...as a witch of many years (obviously not anymore) i do not recall caring how many didn't love me. the fact that they respected me was enough.

i very much dislike this site even if it is satirical. it is enough to lead someone astray, and into the closed minded beliefs the site preaches.

and the dinosaur pic.....i wonder how many elephant knees they went through to find the perfect one? if the site is not a joke it should be made into one.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:41 PM   #35
Faceman
Hathor

In my experience with satiric sites on the net this would be an extraordinary exception if it really was satirical because
+ it's too soft and exaggerates to little (which is kind of the point of a satire)
+ it's too serious
+ it's too elaborate

However, the returned son (the redeemed ex-Marilyn Manson fan) for example sounds a bit unrealistic and more like the dream of all ministers.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:45 PM   #36
Epona
Zartan

"Some have criticized my stance on triclavianism as being counterproductive, arguing that making a point of doctrinal contention over not making a point of doctrinal contention over adiaphora is itself non-salvific. However, my critics are overlooking the dangers of triclavianistic doctrines: allowing adiaphora to creep into our credenda -- while possibly pushing the theologoumenic envelope and providing exciting new opportunities for supererogative works -- will most often serve to muddy the soteriological foundation of Faith, leading in general to ultramontane excesses and, in extreme cases, ebaptization (which is unacceptable pastoral malpractice, however rare it may be.) Doctrinal integrity, and hence salvific effectiveness, is best served by working to end triclavianism and similar erroneous, or simply adiaphoric, doctrines."

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 06:00 PM   #37
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

At least they don't demonize Halloween.

While many Christians correctly see Halloween as a time of occult dangers - when Satan is out in force trying to corrupt our society - they overlook the fact that all things are created by the Lord for a purpose. So what is the purpose of this dark time of the year?

Consider this: At what other time of the year do throngs of unsaved children come to your door, begging for you to give them a treat? Why not use this unique opportunity to give these deprived children the best treat of all - the treat of Christ's Love and eternal Salvation?

http://objective.jesussave.us/halloween.html

Just avoid the houses with the crosses carved pumpkin.

[ 10-14-2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 10-14-2003, 06:10 PM   #38
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Ha, this is what they said in their 'evil consumerism' shopping section.

They have a picture of Darth Maul from Star Wars accommpanied by this caption:

"Darth Maul": Commercialized symbol of evil whose name sounds like "mall". Coincidence?

They also have this on that page:

J.C. Penny - The J.C. makes us think of Jesus Christ, thus associating our Lord with the lowest monetary value, the penny (even Judas valued Him at 30 pieces of silver!).
Sears - What the flesh of the damned does in Hell. It also sounds like "seers", Pagan mystics who engaged in occult premonitions.
Cinnabon - Sounds like "Sin Upon".
Orange Julius - Named for the Pagan Emperor of Rome. This company's mascot was once a devil, until they changed it to hide their true intentions.
Hot Topic - A recent store aimed at children that openly sells devil paraphernalia. Any guess as to why "hot" is in their name?
Hallmark Gold Crown Stores - Purveyors of Santamas tree ornaments depicting anthropomorphized woodland creatures (reference to Evolutionism) and Harry Potter merchandise. What notable person will have a mark and wear crowns? [Rev. 13:16,

I really like their reasoning behind the Cinnabon one..

[ 10-14-2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]
Old 10-14-2003, 06:31 PM   #39
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
It's amusing when people presume to be holier than the book that tells them what it is to be holy. They are definately looking so hard to find the devil in things that they never bother to show others what God is supposed to be in the Christian faith.

Faceman can you post a link to the "redeamed son (ex-marylin manson fan)" bit. Sounds like an interesting bit to read, and I have A LOT of time on my hands.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-15-2003, 12:26 AM   #40
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

I'm willing to bet you the whole site's a joke. There are certain things on the site (like the mall, the picture of the caveman on the halloween page, etc) that lead me to the conclusion.
It's suttle, but that's the same type of humor my younger brother and his friends have, so I'm willing to bet the site's a satire.