Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2002, 10:17 AM   #51
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

*Attalus sprays lindane on nit that he picked on Melusine.*
Old 09-25-2002, 10:19 AM   #52
Sir Exxon
Zartan

This is awesome news, Dan! Even though I will miss the name Ironworks... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ah well, now I can say "I used to be an Ironworker, but now I'm nothing but an Escaper."!!

Anyhow, great on you, Ziroc. Use the money well (which means: do not let Choc get his hands on them... [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 10:20 AM   #53
Bristowe
Elminster

Good for you Ziroc! A name change isn't always a bad thing, and it's not like anything about the boards will change as a result [img]smile.gif[/img] It's cool.
And a windfall of 45K is bloody excellent! I could do with 45K myself, hahaha
(Dream-on Bristowe... )
Old 09-25-2002, 10:29 AM   #54
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
*Attalus sprays lindane on nit that he picked on Melusine.*
Do you really wanna anger tante Sien ?
Old 09-25-2002, 10:37 AM   #55
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Uff i HATE to loose the name "IronWorks Forum" but but what can i say i am happy that you will continue the forum for at last 5-10 more years Dan [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Happy that you got 45k for the name! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I hope you keep the colors and that you make new logos and all that! So Congrats Ziroc!

[ 09-25-2002, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 09-25-2002, 10:46 AM   #56
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Congrats Dan! Change is good and this isn't even really that big of a change. What's in a name? Besides, maybe the change will mean my pm box will work now. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:12 AM   #57
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
Congrats Dan, I'm glad to hear IW(EF) will still be around in several years.

Someone mentioned IW merchandise, I've seen alot of webcomics do it, is it possible(feasible) to have t-shirts with the old, or new logo's on them? or mousepads with pics of Choc, or coffee mugs, or any dozen of similar ideas?

ps any way on the new forum I can correct the spelling mistake in my name (I originally wanted it to Morguerat)
I sure will be making some metchandise! It would be the new logo (The one at www.escapeforums.com is NOT the offical logo, just a placeholder)

But yeah, It would be cool, and get everyone into the new name! Choc could be in something too!

How about a black and white striped shirt--the old kind that prison people wore, and have the logo on there [img]smile.gif[/img] SO many ideas! I have a ton!! I'll share them with you all in a future post--right now, I gotta get some sleep, been up 28 hours now [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: EVERY morning on the DOT at 6:08am EST (and I mean ON THE DOT) Choc will get up, stretch, and come nudge my at my PC. saying 'I'm ready to eat'. Totally wild..

Oh, get this everyone: I bought a new catfood for Choc, and put the new food on the left and his normal on the right, and did a 'Blind' taste test. (Since he IS blind) but he LOVES the new stuff.. hehe.. blind taste test..

Ok, I am babbling. I am going to get into my "+8 Coma of Relaxation" now. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 09-25-2002, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-25-2002, 11:13 AM   #58
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I'm a true believer that a rose smells the same no matter what you name it. Besides, anytime big $$$ can be taken from "the man" or "a man" and put to use running a great free forum for gaming geeks, I see it as a *HUGE* victory.
Congrats [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Mayhap next time it will be Bill Gates trying to buy you out. Then you could go for those truly large sums of $$$.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:17 AM   #59
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Mayhap next time it will be Bill Gates trying to buy you out. Then you could go for those truly large sums of $$$.
..... I'm not saying ANYTHING..... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-25-2002, 11:22 AM   #60
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I never knew Choc is blind, sorry to hear that dude.