Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2002, 03:13 AM   #1
Deathbringer

Anaerion Stormblade looked up after pulling his sword out from in-between the ribs of the slain Orc. He looked around to see his dwarven companion, Thorgrim, plant his large double-sided axe in the head of the other Orc, splitting the skull clean open,
“Die ‘ya spawn of darkness!”
The enraged Dwarf then charged into the darkness, with his axe in one hand and a dimly lit lantern in the other.
“Wait you fool!” yelled Anaerion “That is the only lantern we have between us!”
“Shut up ELF! I’m goin’ ta bonk sum heads!”
The starkly illuminated corridor quickly turned to black, as the guttering light from the lantern faded into the darkness.
“Come back I can’t see!” screamed Anaerion, to that - no response.
Anaerion reached around and pulled the heavy rucksack from his back. He kneeled over and ran his hand over the coarse bag to find the pull-string.
“Damned Dwarf”, he muttered to himself.
Once open, he pulled out a flint and gathered some small twigs and dried weeds from the cold stone floor of the dungeon corridor. He managed to start a small fire. Soon the corridor was once again dimly lit.; the light bouncing off the slime growing in-between the cracks on the walls. Anaerion then looked up and to his horror, saw his friend’s decapitated head being held up by a huge hand that disappeared in to the darkness. From the darkness stepped a bulky Ogre, the whole head fitting snugly in the large Ogre’s palm. Anaerion flinched involuntarily at the sight and scrambled back a little on all fours, finding it hard to get good grip on the moist floor. Anaerion sat there, stunned for a while before pulling himself together for the upcoming fight.

To be continued…

© by Alex Brown - Deathbringer

*edit* So tell me what you think, and when I should release the follow-on.

[ 07-06-2002, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 07-04-2002, 03:25 AM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

So far so good dude [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] - just one incy wincy tiny thing though... can't elves see in the dark like cats or something? I could be wrong [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2002, 03:29 AM   #3
Deathbringer

Quote:
just one incy wincy tiny thing though... can't elves see in the dark like cats or something? I could be wrong
yes they can (infravision) but as you will find out in later "Deathbringer's Stories" Anaerion's infravision is very very poor

[ 07-04-2002, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 07-04-2002, 03:32 AM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Aha, sorry, I shoulda waited and seen
Old 07-04-2002, 04:38 AM   #5
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

cool dead dwarves and a not so near perfect elf how cool.do you do stories from the evil side of things as well?man u r so much braver than me i wudnt not erver no way no how ner er ever print newthing i wrote on here, too scary.but it is a good story.

J:J

[img]graemlins/knight.gif[/img]

[ 07-04-2002, 04:39 AM: Message edited by: FelixJaeger ]
Old 07-04-2002, 04:51 AM   #6
Deathbringer

Quote:
cool dead dwarves and a not so near perfect elf how cool.do you do stories from the evil side of things as well?man u r so much braver than me i wudnt not erver no way no how ner er ever print newthing i wrote on here, too scary.but it is a good story.
I will be doing some stories from the 'monsters side' aswell, but for now I'm writing stories for a not so perfect Elf.

Old 07-04-2002, 05:37 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

A nice start of it, I must say. Throw in a mysteroius highwayman and a ravishing woman (that would be me of course lol) and I promise you my eyes will be on this thread, rofl!
Old 07-04-2002, 11:23 AM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

great story, elves and dwarves always make good duos because they never get along with eachother [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2002, 11:30 AM   #9
Deathbringer

part 2 is done and posted, check it out.

Old 07-04-2002, 01:12 PM   #10
Deathbringer

PART 2

“Your mine!” snarled Anaerion Stormblade, who was overtaken with berserk fury at the sight of the hulking Ogre lumbering toward him. The Ogre threw Thorgrim’s head against the wall and gripped his huge club with both hands. In the confined space of the corridor the Ogre barely had room to move, its scabby head scraping along the ceiling as it advanced. It didn’t seem to care much, striding down the corridor with its huge spiked club swinging from side to side.
Then without warning, the Ogre took a deep sniff of the air and let out a bellowing roar, exposing worn-down yellow tusks in its cavernous mouth. Anaerion didn’t seem at all intimidated and he leapt forward with his sword raised above his head in a striking position.
“For Thorgrim!”
Anaerion thrust his blade in to the Ogre’s flabby stomach and slid the sword upwards to the beast’s chest area before pulling the sword out again. The sword left a massive slit in the Ogre that caused it to spill some of its insides onto the floor. The huge beast let out an ear-blasting cry, which shook the walls and caused Anaerion to loose his footing. The vibrations caused the supports on the roof to come down and the ceiling collapsed, burying the large beast!
Anaerion picked himself up and shook all the dust off. Amazingly his small fire still burned. He grabbed a bunch of larger twigs, tied them together, lit them, and set off back toward the entrance. Once at the entrance, he turned around to look back in to the dungeon,
“So you finally got yourself killed Dwarf.”…”Ah Thorgrim my friend you forget that my infravision is poor”, and with that he walked back to the local town to collect his reward.

The Ogre was dead.

© by Alex Brown - Deathbringer