Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 08:24 PM   #1
legolas

Hi everyone....

I am a new user and I'd like some help with the game to make it playable,since I am an RPG fan for years now (Bard's Tale time)and I really think this game must be great! It keeps on crashing as soon as I form a party and exit the town.This is my system configuration if it helps:

AMD Thunderbird 800
256MB RAM
GeForce 2MX 32MB
DirectX 8.0
Detonator 3 12.00 display drivers.
Windows 98 SE.

I tried all rendering methods, software or DirectX with any graphic options combination available but the game still crashes and I am out to Windows again.
I know that the game has lots of bugs from what I 've read in this forum,so I installed the latest patch available but it is no good for my problem.It keeps crashing no matter what...The only thing I am sure about is that it musn't be a heat problem with the CPU or the GPU since every other game I have I can play for hours with all settings to maximum.

Thanks to anyone who'll reply to this post.
Old 05-10-2001, 08:28 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board legolas!!!!

Hopefully Saz will come along with some advice soon but this might be a directx 8.0 problem (maybe). I'll bump up a thread on that topic!

Saz will offer better technical help!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 08:37 PM   #3
andora20
Manshoon

Hi leogas
When I got the game first I didn't Instal the full version. (This would have taken over 30 mins!!!)I also installed the patch I don't seem to have as many problems as the other players seem to. So if u haven't already, try installing the shorter version (In software mode). I don't think u miss out a lot running the shorter version. Hope this helps.
Good luck!!!
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 08:58 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Legolas: There seems to be a problem also with the GeForce2 MX cards (I have one as well). You'll have to run it in software mode. However...with the GeForce Cards, software mode is almost as good as hardware accelerated, the quality is so pure.

Try running in software mode before you do anything else. If that doesn't help, follow the thread on how to get rid of DirectX 8.0. Then reinstall DirectX 7.0a (it's on the W&W CD #1).

Hope this helps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 09:51 PM   #5
Moni

Legolas,
Just wanted to pop in and say hello and Welcome to the Forum!
Hope you get your W&W troubles fixed! It really is a fun game!

Moni
Old 05-10-2001, 10:12 PM   #6
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

I to had that problem
I deleted the game
them tried to reload it
after 6 hours I gave up

------------------
T H A N K S
Eiz

[This message has been edited by Mr-Eiz (edited 05-10-2001).]
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 10:19 PM   #7
Max
Dungeon Master

Have there been may people having problems with DirectX 8.0...??

I have been using DirectX 8.0 since it has been an update to windows and I can't say I noticed any difference to my W&W.

Is DirectX 8.0 a problem unto itself or does it become a problem inconjunction with some other software or hardware features..??

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 11:38 PM   #8
Dragonrider
Dungeon Master

If you are having trouble with your graphics try this. Go to my computer and right click on it. Go to properties and click on it. When you get the next screen. Open up the performance tab, go to graphics located on the bottom and use the graphic accelerator to slow down the loading of the graphics. You may have to restart the computer. Once restarted enter the game and make sure that you have software mode selected. This might help with the freezing problems that everyone has encountered.
Dragonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 10:52 AM   #9
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

welcome to this forum!
hope it works out for you!

------------------
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 10:40 AM   #10
Moni

Bump for Snoekie