Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2002, 12:46 PM   #11
Deathbringer

Quote:
Ya know I can bash bad food with the rest of them but lets not go over board and make it sound like they let burgers lay around for months...lat least here in the US "most" Places are fairly well policed to make sure of cleanliness and edible food stuffs. It is not Haute Cuisine for sure, but it could be worse...and is better than many people in the world have to eat.
Oh I totally agree.. I'ts just suprising to me that so many artificial chemicals - for lack of a better word, can be put in food that everyday people eat.

Old 07-02-2002, 12:56 PM   #12
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
[QB]The only thing at Mikki D's that tastes good are the fry's [img]smile.gif[/img]
QB]
I just can't forgive them for the fries thing. In the UK, we used to have these great lovely FAT chips, really yummy. Now most places serve stupid thin 'fries' which just don't measure up, in my opinion. When it comes to fries, size IS everything! (And fresh oil, also...) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2002, 12:58 PM   #13
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
quote:
Ya know I can bash bad food with the rest of them but lets not go over board and make it sound like they let burgers lay around for months...lat least here in the US "most" Places are fairly well policed to make sure of cleanliness and edible food stuffs. It is not Haute Cuisine for sure, but it could be worse...and is better than many people in the world have to eat.
Oh I totally agree.. I'ts just suprising to me that so many artificial chemicals - for lack of a better word, can be put in food that everyday people eat.[/QUOTE]Hehe. Start reading labels - you might get a few shocks. I am assuming that in the US food products have to have labels listing all ingredients?
Old 07-02-2002, 01:26 PM   #14
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Well, rather amusingly I don't have a Maccy D's within a 20 minute walk radius. For Central London (EC1/N1) that is a major dead zone. However just 2 minutes walk away are 2 rival kebab shops opposite each other, both of which serve lovely Donor meat that apparently came from lambs. The thing about Donor meat is that it appears to consist entirely of internal organs glued together with fat. Anything that is normally only bought by drunks (Special Brew, Cider, Kebabs, etc) probably is better off avoided.

Oh, and we also have the "Best American Pizza Company". Which is run, rather predictably, by Turkish people...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 07-02-2002, 01:31 PM   #15
Deathbringer

Quote:
Well, rather amusingly I don't have a Maccy D's within a 20 minute walk radius. For Central London (EC1/N1) that is a major dead zone. However just 2 minutes walk away are 2 rival kebab shops opposite each other, both of which serve lovely Donor meat that apparently came from lambs. The thing about Donor meat is that it appears to consist entirely of internal organs glued together with fat. Anything that is normally only bought by drunks (Special Brew, Cider, Kebabs, etc) probably is better off avoided.
hehe, if you think thats bad you should find out what animal left-overs they put in the Aussie pie.

Old 07-02-2002, 03:01 PM   #16
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

hmm thats fairly interesting SomeGuy, where in Oklahoma do you live exactly? I might come and visit just to avoid the food everywhere else...

though i don't mind the states in General, Olive Garden, Shoneys, Wendy's, Taco Bell... SO MANY CHOICES down here its either Cuban or its McDonalds and that's it! Honest!
Old 07-02-2002, 03:03 PM   #17
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
[QB]The only thing at Mikki D's that tastes good are the fry's [img]smile.gif[/img]
QB]
I just can't forgive them for the fries thing. In the UK, we used to have these great lovely FAT chips, really yummy. Now most places serve stupid thin 'fries' which just don't measure up, in my opinion. When it comes to fries, size IS everything! (And fresh oil, also...) [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Well everyone knows for really good "chips" you have to go to the UK. but here in the outback of the US the best we have been able to devise so far is McD's frys [img]smile.gif[/img] There is a Fry gap between our two countries

Old 07-02-2002, 03:05 PM   #18
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Hehe. Start reading labels - you might get a few shocks. I am assuming that in the US food products have to have labels listing all ingredients?
You are quite right, labels on nearly everything these days. Personally I think they should do away with chemical preservatives and irradiate the foods that get stored for long term. More effective and safer.

Old 07-03-2002, 05:28 PM   #19
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
hehe, if you think thats bad you should find out what animal left-overs they put in the Aussie pie.
Ugh, you're not wrong. Offal and TVP mostly [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

I agree SC about the power of their advertising. Because it's so recognisable, and also because they have limited choices and little variety people feel more comfortable eating there. Like when people go to foreign countries, very often they'll eat at McDonalds because trying unfamiliar restaurants is too much trouble, especially if there's a language barrier.

Same with coca-cola really, incredible advertising makes up for a lack of tastiness (imho ).

Although I do love McDonalds' fries. Probably because I'm not a big potato fan, big fat chips do nothing for me, but the thin strips of fat masquerading as potato I love .
Old 07-03-2002, 06:19 PM   #20
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I know what you mean - last time I was in Paris, Davros ordered "Une jambon et fromage baguette si vous plait" in his very bad french. What did the 5 Aussie girls that he was wandering about with him want - sigh, let's go get Burger King [img]tongue.gif[/img] .