Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2002, 04:02 AM   #21
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Origianlly posted by WOLFGIR
For your information..
Europe has copywright laws as well, and here you can go to jail for it if you are unlucky and someone bigger then you want to state an example
for your information, I don't live in Europe. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

hehehehe...
Old 06-26-2002, 05:17 AM   #22
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:

The US government is getting to be the Big Brother so many of us have feared for so long. They are now becoming notorious for overturning its own decisions to meet its own purposes. They are losing site of what they used to see as Right and Proper and now see nothing but $$$$$ signs.
Since 9/11 this government is trying very hard to be Big Brother!

Mark
Old 06-26-2002, 05:25 AM   #23
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

BAH! shouldnt we have the right to refuse this?! I mean come on, WE bought, paid for, and use the frikin pcs. Its out of order. I for one think that they're crazy.... but, this law propably WILL get passed, probably due to paranoia amoungst other things...
Old 06-26-2002, 05:26 AM   #24
Linora
Dungeon Master

Hmm.... I don't really understand American Law as it takes so long to study, but isn't that illegal due to some sort of freedom of speech law? Or was that ammended already?

I just say go and do something more useful. If record companies didn't fleece us as much, we wouldn't need to use napster

*smile*
Old 06-26-2002, 07:19 AM   #25
Lord Shield

I'm curious. Won't this only affect American users?

Old 06-26-2002, 07:24 AM   #26
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

no coz knowing those americans, they wont just stop with american users, they'll want ALL users to have it...
Old 06-26-2002, 07:25 AM   #27
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
no coz knowing those americans, they wont just stop with american users, they'll want ALL users to have it...
they can WANT all they like to, but we're not a 53rd State [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2002, 07:28 AM   #28
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

not yet... er im spamming arnt I? well, if the technology is miscrosoft, and MADE in america, then, surely they can adn WILL try to put the software in, and the aceept/decline statment
Old 06-26-2002, 07:30 AM   #29
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
they can WANT all they like to, but we're not a 53rd State [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]The same was said about the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), and when that passed most people in Europe thought: "well they were able to pass it in america, but hey, that's America", untill the US forced the DMCA in european law (DMCA, coming soon to a country near you!)

This bill was probably proposed by one of the RIAA's pet senators. One of the "good" politicians - you know, the kind that stay bought ...
Old 06-26-2002, 09:27 AM   #30
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

The very nature of police ware is illegal, as it violates rights to privacy, and if anything, it's a form of quartering. If I buy a house, does the government have the instant right to wire it up so I can't SH!t without them knowing? I demand some ■■■■!ing privacy in my life. I'm very paranoid about this stuff, some say I'm crazy for worrying, but the fact that computers will have policeware by default, most likely tied right into the goddamn Win32 OS, Linux will soon become VERY popular... The monopoly they sought to break up could soon become their best friend. Besides, I'd delete the shit, and protest and make a stink about it and all that, even if I ended up in Sing-Sing for Sedition and Civil Disobedience.