Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2002, 11:39 PM   #11
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Arnabas is a name that I've used a few times in games. It originated in a Vampire campaign I was running. I needed a name for a character who was a mentor to the coterie. For whatever reason, I thought of the vampire Barnabas Collins from the show Dark Shadows and decided to just drop the first "B", thus leaving Arnabas.
I didn't use the name again until I played Baldur's Gate. I am not sure what prompted me to resurrect it.
Old 06-23-2002, 12:14 AM   #12
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Mine come from this anime called 足球小鍵將 ( sorry I don't know the english translation ). I have been using that name in all the forum boards I've joined.
Wierd... my browser can`t display those characters
Old 06-23-2002, 12:22 AM   #13
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

let's say I wasn't in my right mind and picked the name at random for this board
first, I was adam mage at the blue board
when brownboard first introduced,
<-------------oh stupid here picked adam warlock

and stuck with it ever since... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] since now I"m sick of the Marvel character
Old 06-23-2002, 12:50 AM   #14
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Mine comes from Ultima 7 part 2: Serpent Isle. The Hierophants were the priests of Order, Chaos and Balance.
There're probably real-life examples of Hierophants (maybe something to do with Hieroglyphics?) but in my case the name comes from Serpent Isle.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:24 AM   #15
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

i think mine relates to something. when i thought it up, i had no idea that it was an actual object/word (ah, whatever, it was REAL).. it's stuck ever since (and it was better than that Efreeti_Genie crap)
Old 06-23-2002, 03:37 AM   #16
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

made mine up for BG seris. seemed apporpraite to use it for IW tooo.
Old 06-23-2002, 03:47 AM   #17
lroyo

Aviendha ia a cool character fromt he Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I've been using it since Baldur's Gate.

Old 06-23-2002, 04:02 AM   #18
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
NOT!!! Willard is my real name!!! I stupidly used my real name as a screen name because I was new to the whole computer thing. Oh well.
You think thats bad ?? It`s only your first name... there will be atleast 200 other Willards in Vermont. How many Lennon Cooks will there be in New South Wales ?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2002, 04:07 AM   #19
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
Aviendha ia a cool character fromt he Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I've been using it since Baldur's Gate.
Yes, a *very* cool chars, in fact one of my favs. sha always make laugh, easpecailly on the ship, in bk 7, when she asks for a buket. just read it again. Always cracks me up.
Old 06-23-2002, 04:27 AM   #20
Davros
Takhisis Follower

With a first name of David, and going to school in the early Tom Baker years as Dr Who, Davros became a nickname that has stuck over the ages.