Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2002, 09:19 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Where did you come up with your names that you use on IW here?

I came up with mine cuz I like Gollum from LotR and I just changed the spelling and added Sir in front and voila! Sir Goulum has emerged! What about the rest of ya?
Old 06-22-2002, 09:28 PM   #2
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Mine comes from the Heckler and Koch Gewehr 11 prototype, which fired 4.73X33MM Caseless Ammunition, I thought it was 4.37, and thus have lived by these numbers since that time.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:34 PM   #3
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Me? Willard is a combination of my pen name, my pseudonym, and my real name.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:35 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Which are...
Old 06-22-2002, 09:40 PM   #5
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Will and Bernard.
NOT!!! Willard is my real name!!! I stupidly used my real name as a screen name because I was new to the whole computer thing. Oh well.

[ 06-22-2002, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Willard ]
Old 06-22-2002, 09:43 PM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

vesselle d'lethe is my vampire ( how shocking! ) from white wolf's pnp Vampire the Masquerade. it's not her birth name, but it IS her blood name, when she was brought into Clan Tremere.

it's derived from her position as handmaiden to her Prince, the Duchess Mariah d'Lethe. she was Mariah's "vessel" and was so named by her. additionally, as her lover, she took on her family name. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2002, 09:48 PM   #7
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

old school online fps screen name + my reputation grrr argh
Old 06-22-2002, 09:57 PM   #8
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Hmmmm.. I wanted something chilled out and smooth on the tongue for CS when I was still playing that game. Sorta like a smooth-operator kinda thing [img]smile.gif[/img]
Somehow I stumbled upon Lifetime (can't really remember how) and it stuck..
Old 06-22-2002, 11:22 PM   #9
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Jump Raven, the first mac game with cursing, blood, and sex in it featured a song called "Deathkiller" which was an awesome soundtrack to play the game to.

Spider Robinson Produced a book called TIme Killer and Later another book which was the sequel... you can probably guess i'ts name

Next was Marathon in 1992 which was an amazing network-playable game. I had to come up with a good screen name, so what better to use than "Deathkiller"

Scuicide Comando and the Infected Mushrooms also produced songs with this name...

When playing D&D It came to represent a name dealing with Necromancy...

When Playing Myth II it dealt with someone who was good with the undead units (and yes I could kill an entire army with just one Wight I GTZ FLMZ 2 PRV IT!)

When I started PSO I used the name I had long-since been accustomed too with Bungie.net and it's oxymoronic interpretation lead to my character's entire THEME being Oxymoron.

He was a ranger but prefered to NOT use long-range weapons.
He had the strongest sheild in the game but used the weakest cuz it "looked cooler on him"
He was a ROBOT but he had a section ID that was fit for a human wizard (though he coulnd't use magic)
BIG BLACK ROBOT, LIttle pink mag...
Huge Robot, Liked to hang with Chicks as oposed to other giant robots... actually it seemed to be the chicks doing the hanging with me... go figure...
He played US version 2, but he only played on Japanese Ships.
When he got a Yamigarasu (a gaunting task where the game is beaten 4 times in a row without dying or being injured in the hardest difficulty) for the first time, he sold it to a newbie for 1 meseta...
When first starting he got tons of stuff btu called it "Junk" and gave it all away... (I didn't know it was good!)
And Ultimatley When he reached level 200 he didn't want to play any more...
What was even scarrier was when I ran into a character who'se name was SHINO, which litterally means "Death" in japanese, HER ID was exactly like mine, she was an Android, and everythign abotu her was identical to me, except she was a female counterpart, too bad she was an NPC [img]tongue.gif[/img]
My name in Japanese means Shinokorosha which is a name i usually refer to my character in my manga as, it really catches the audience's attention. They see this word in Kanji on the screen and it makes no since in kanji, unless they rethink the word and combine death and killer to form an Occupational word... which is frightening, and Ironic. It's a real attention grabber [img]tongue.gif[/img] if they just see "DEATH KILLER" though they think "aw its just something violent" you have to have a word that really suits Irony in your character if you want them to be ironic. So It is a name deeply rooted in gaming history, litteratrue, and my personal gaming stature... Though I'm not the ONLY Deathkiller in the world, i'm certainly one of the few who has a true base to his name other than just something that osounds violent, My name has meaning, it means Irony, it means to heal, while also to resurect thigns and make them HALF-live... The book Deathkiller was abotu people who spent their entere lives connected to "the net" living endlessly but not nourishing themselves, living to the point of death, just so that they could experience bliss. In that case, Deathkiller was something oposite of what i stand for, a darker side of me that is filled with resentment and hatred for the world as we know it, and how i hate the way progress isn't being allowed to progress and how people are letting Fear get the best of them. I am Shinokorosha, the Deathkiller, the one who fears nothing, not even the ultimate end, because I have faith... in Humanity, in divinity, even in our vanity, i see possibilties that are endless, the world is our oyster to gaze upon and controll... we are the shining pearl at the heart of the oyster, and as humans we are stronger than everything that oposes us. Shinokorosha is the ultimate representation of that which defies fear, and accepts only truth.

I am... Deathkiller... the

Necromancy Meets Bushido...
Old 06-22-2002, 11:36 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Mine come from this anime called 足球小鍵將 ( sorry I don't know the english translation ). I have been using that name in all the forum boards I've joined.