Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2002, 08:23 AM   #11
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
This is where trainign can come in handy

If I ever came across a burglar I could take them down without hitting them. Nerve Points, locks, holds, all that sort of thing

Teh trouble is you don't know in advance if a burglar's armed or not so taking them down quick as possible is sensible thing to do to be honest
The bastard would probably go home, break his fingers, say you did it and sue you. It amazes me these cases are not thrown out of court immediately. If someone breaks in to your house you should have the right to beat them down until they run away or are knocked out.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:48 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

We have things like that here in the US. It's amazing to me that criminals (and let's face it, you break into someone's home or business, you aren't the tooth fairy!) trying to get away with the crime by claiming excesses by the owner or in some cases saying they were completely wronged by their own VICTIM! Sheesh, I remember being stunned to hear that a burglar who broke into a family's home through a window, was SUING the family because their German Shepherd scared and bit him. Duh! What the hell does he expect? He sneaks into someone else's home in the middle of the night with the intent to steal (yah, just why DID you have that sack with you mr I'mNOTARobber? hmmmm? ) and he sues the intended victims for injuries he sustained while IN their home without permission?!!! Good Grief!
The judge threw it out, saying the dog was protecting it's own territory and could be expected to do nothing else. Anyone dumb enough to break into a home with a guard dog (duh, dog chain and bowls and chew toys outside AND dog barking inside) should be glad the owner didn't LAUGH him out of the place. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-08-2002, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 05-08-2002, 08:59 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

And the mom is going to sue another.. 750,000? It's insane... or no... rather this is one of the popular acts to get easy money... what do you call those.. erm.. I forgot
Old 05-08-2002, 09:08 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

That's not the worst of it...a 15-yr old kid who got punched in a schoolyard brawl and suffered chronic migraines as a result got awarded $1.2million last week here in Sydney, while a woman doused with petrol and set on fire, suffering permanent scarring, loss of speech and faculties only got $50,000 in damages. Insane. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2002, 09:31 AM   #15
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

I thought that if somone entered your house without consent whatever you did was legal? i'm sure i heard somthing like that.
Old 05-08-2002, 10:10 AM   #16
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Sorry people, now a day's the criminal has more right's then the victim. I could go on and on about hte criminal justice system, but it just isnt worth it.
My cousin was victim of a home invasion and one of the main things the defense attorney was going on was did he invite them into his house. There was foot print imbeded into his front door for crying out loud how could he ask a question like that. My cousin almost got charged with contempt he spoke so angrily at the attorney.

I have seen rapist's walk away free men for lack of miranda right's.
It all goes back to that little thing called resposability as Menoch said "You reap what you sow"

That is a joke about the boy and his mom, you would call them SLACKERS get rich quick people.
bah, I cant say anymore due to temper regulation's......
Old 05-08-2002, 10:12 AM   #17
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

However, let's not lose sight of the fact that the gray area would have been irrelevant if the burglar hadn't been there in the first place. What you reap, you must sow.
Exactly - which was the main thrust of what I said in my first post [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2002, 10:18 AM   #18
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

But the burgalur wasn't really trying to rob the guy he just wanted to break and enter the night club, which he never accomplished, hence he didn't do anything wrong, he only attempted, and attempt is outweighed by the act taken by the man with the blunt object who smashed his head in [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's stupid, but that's justice for ya...
Old 05-08-2002, 10:22 AM   #19
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
But the burgalur wasn't really trying to rob the guy he just wanted to break and enter the night club, which he never accomplished, hence he didn't do anything wrong, he only attempted, and attempt is outweighed by the act taken by the man with the blunt object who smashed his head in [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's stupid, but that's justice for ya...
Breaking and entering was still illegal last time I checked... regardless of your intentions once inside the building.
Old 05-08-2002, 10:31 AM   #20
Davros
Takhisis Follower

/)eathKiller, If you read the original note carefully, you will see that the guy was in his laundry - I think this goes beyond an ATTEMPT to break and enter - in my view the owner had a right to feel threatened by his presence. The legal system is getting more bent and twisted as the years go by - "THINGS ARE CROOK IN TULLEROOK"