Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 09:02 AM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I can't remember that quest, I can remember those two characters though, I never actually tried bringing the female warrior along, have you tried that? Too bad you couldn't rearrange your party at will so you could drop, for example, Drirr in favor of her, if she was better, or perhaps Rainer(The scientist person.), so you could have both that human warrior and Kunag(The mage guy.) in your party.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:13 AM   #12
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

top 4:
1eus Ex
2:Baldur's Gate 2
3:Baldur's Gate
4:planeScape Torment

waiting for:
Deus Ex 2

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bruce The Aussie (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-02-2001, 09:26 AM   #13
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I can't remember that quest, I can remember those two characters though, I never actually tried bringing the female warrior along, have you tried that? Too bad you couldn't rearrange your party at will so you could drop, for example, Drirr in favor of her, if she was better, or perhaps Rainer(The scientist person.), so you could have both that human warrior and Kunag(The mage guy.) in your party.
You CAN actually do some rearranging. At one point two of the team fall in love and drop out; you can pick them up later or not, so you CAN have the female fighter AND Kunag. But you lose Rainer anyway, halfway through, and pick up another mage (female), and at the end you can also pick up Joe from the spaceship if you want to. Rainer is not a great deal of use anyway... no fighting skill to speak of and no magic... and Joe is only good for a certain broken lock and a malfunctioning robot, and you can cope without him, though its a bit tougher.

------------------

Here be Dragons!
Proud to be Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

"If I say something to you and it can be taken two ways, and one of those ways upsets you...I meant the other one."
Old 11-02-2001, 09:28 AM   #14
Neb

It's hard to survive without those two that leave, one of them has some nice healing magic and the other one has all that cool freezing magic.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:28 AM   #15
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
top 4:
1eus Ex
2:Baldur's Gate 2
3:Baldur's Gate
4laneScape Torment

waiting for:
Deus Ex 2
I have seen a number of people extoling PlanesapeTorment. I must find a site and check it out...

------------------

Here be Dragons!

"If I say something to you and it can be taken two ways, and one of those ways upsets you...I meant the other one."
Old 11-02-2001, 09:32 AM   #16
Fljotsdale

Quote:
It's hard to survive without those two that leave, one of them has some nice healing magic and the other one has all that cool freezing magic.
I agree! I always have 'em back! Frost Avalanche is the best spell I have found in ANY game! Sira is great!

------------------

Here be Dragons!

Old 11-02-2001, 09:34 AM   #17
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
I have seen a number of people extoling PlanesapeTorment. I must find a site and check it out...

Well, PS:T(PlaneScape:Torment.) is like Baldur's Gate, except for the fact that it has a cooler story, more unique, strange and special NPCs(Though less of them.) who each have their own reason for following the PC, AND you can talk with them, ask them for advice, ask them about their past, all sorts of things, also, it isn't quite as packed with magical stuff as BG2, and those things that you DO find are more unique, you can also talk your way out of many fights if you have a high Int/Wis/Cha(Depending on the situation.), which I love since I am a pacifist whenever possible, both in games and in RL.

Now for the cons of PS:T:

Fewer NPCs than many other games, you do not choose your race or gender yourself, it's a bit TOO easy at times, it could have been a slight bit longer, no sequel yet.

Just some additional stuff, this game actually almost brought me to tears a few times when sad stuff happened, also, because the NPCs are so DEEP and REAL, you get attached to them and it was hard leaving the game without even the slightest hint of a sequel, I've even managed to think up a way for them to make a sequel, I WANT A PS:T 2!

Old 11-02-2001, 09:38 AM   #18
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Well, PS:T(PlaneScape:Torment.) is like Baldur's Gate, except for the fact that it has a cooler story, more unique, strange and special NPCs(Though less of them.) who each have their own reason for following the PC, AND you can talk with them, ask them for advice, ask them about their past, all sorts of things, also, it isn't quite as packed with magical stuff as BG2, and those things that you DO find are more unique, you can also talk your way out of many fights if you have a high Int/Wis/Cha(Depending on the situation.), which I love since I am a pacifist whenever possible, both in games and in RL.

Now for the cons of PS:T:

Fewer NPCs than many other games, you do not choose your race or gender yourself, it's a bit TOO easy at times, it could have been a slight bit longer, no sequel yet.

Just some additional stuff, this game actually almost brought me to tears a few times when sad stuff happened, also, because the NPCs are so DEEP and REAL, you get attached to them and it was hard leaving the game without even the slightest hint of a sequel, I've even managed to think up a way for them to make a sequel, I WANT A PS:T 2!

Sounds like my sort of game! What are the minimum requiremets/optimum requirements? I have an Athlon 6.5 chip and it can be a bit dodgy with some games, which are mostly designed for Pentium.

------------------

Here be Dragons!

Old 11-02-2001, 09:42 AM   #19
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Sounds like my sort of game! What are the minimum requiremets/optimum requirements? I have an Athlon 6.5 chip and it can be a bit dodgy with some games, which are mostly designed for Pentium.

Minimum: 200 Mhz Pentium(Runs fine on my Athlon.), 32 Mb RAM, Windows 95/98, DirectX 6.0 or higher, 650 Megs of space, 4x speed CD-ROM drive.

Recommended: Pentium II: 266 Mhz(Still, fine on my Athlon.), 64 Mb RAM,
800 megs free space, 8x speed CD-ROM drive.

Some people also say that it's vital that you download the patch, I haven't done so and it runs fine on my computer, some of the "major" bugs that it fixes are a few infinite XP spots, or so it would appear.

Old 11-02-2001, 09:45 AM   #20
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Could only think of 5. I think I better start playing more games heh

1 - BG 2
2 - BG1
3 - Icewind Dale
4 - Legacy Of Kain
5 - Crusaders Of Might & Magic

------------------

Open hells depths........come forth my servants!