Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2001, 06:15 PM   #21
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Cheetah, I'd have thought the extreme generalisation, the "shouting" (bold type) and the grinning smilie would have indicated the jocularly exadurated nature of the last sentance. It appears it was lost on you however.

Oh and I'm in Singapore at the moment. I haven't been in America for about three weeks and won't be back till after Christmas at least.
Besides, I don't remember saying I was pro-gun. I am Australian and we have banned gun ownership remember?

Amidst all her ills, America at last has something to smile about! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 02:45 AM   #22
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Yup Yorick - same time zone - no need to change the watch when flying into Changi. Better get some shut-eye dude, or don't you work for a living??

Oh yes. Like a dog.

I just have a computer game addiction that robs me of my sleep. Got a couple of hours, and then back to work.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 11-26-2001, 02:48 AM   #23
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

Amidst all her ills, America at last has something to smile about! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Allright that was lost on me.

It didn't sound too nice though

Old 11-26-2001, 03:05 AM   #24
Zbyszek

quote:
I'm seriously upset Davros.

Another four years.

Give me a break. We win Oceania every time, and.. ah what the hell.

Maybe you should change group?, if Oceania never gave you finals - I mean. Join other continent (or organize championships )
Old 11-26-2001, 04:10 AM   #25
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:

Maybe you should change group?, if Oceania never gave you finals - I mean. Join other continent (or organize championships )

Good thoughts - I think we have tried and failed on both counts though. Asia won't let us join them because we are too strong. And the rest of the footballing nations laughs at the concept of playing the world cup in OZ . Good tries though - any other suggestions .....
Old 11-26-2001, 08:55 AM   #26
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

The old problem of Australia being a continent itself. We're not of Asia, not of Europe, not from anywhere other than Terra Australis.

The process actually cuts into some deep seated insecurities of the Australian mentality, centred around the above.

The tyranny of distance.

Ah screw them. If we took it seriously as a nation, the mere twenty million of us would pound the rest of them eh? Just like in Cricket, Hockey, Rugby, Swimming and Surfing.

muttermuttermuttermutter.....

Old 11-26-2001, 08:57 AM   #27
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Who was the moron that decided Australian Rules Football would be our national footall code????

The only guys we can sort of play internationally are Ireland, and then it's with mutated rules.

Old 11-26-2001, 01:15 PM   #28
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:

Allright that was lost on me.

It didn't sound too nice though

No, no, it had a jocular thingummybob with shaky teeth at the end, silly, - so all is scrummdillymptious and jolly good show all round!!

And why does my smiley not work when I type it in?? : plaintive: Nibbles does, look!! [img]graemlins/nibbles.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 02:14 PM   #29
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

No, no, it had a jocular thingummybob with shaky teeth at the end, silly, - so all is scrummdillymptious and jolly good show all round!!

And why does my smiley not work when I type it in?? : plaintive: Nibbles does, look!!

Smileys are here, not . I don't know if that's a recent change or not, but I think either used to work.

I disabled smileys in this post so you could see the difference.
Old 11-26-2001, 05:32 PM   #30
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

Smileys are [img]smile.gif[/img] here, not . I don't know if that's a recent change or not, but I think either used to work.

I disabled smileys in this post so you could see the difference.

Thank you Ronn_B! Lots of smiles from Cheetah [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]