Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 04:15 PM   #71
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

catgory #1:

I am shy and too nervous to open myself, so I hide in my own mental barrier. I tend not to communicate with others, so I become more and more indifference to others. then what happens is, I crawled on something I like (internet maybe), and spent days and nights with it. (then more shits come in: fear, laziness...)

I dont work out because I dont like to. so what? hey! at least I am smarter than most people I know!

I think I am smarter than 90% of the population. so I dont need everything else, all I need is my intelligence!

And who are you to decide we all need to work out?? What the hell is wrong with people living their lives like that. You have a huge problem with their arrogance (which is understandable, I can't stand people who feel they're better than the rest myself), but you don't seem to notice that YOU, in making these absolute judgements, are being equally arrogant.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH
and the HADB &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-06-2001, 04:17 PM   #72
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Bloody Hell!!!
First of all, I was asking you to respond to my post, which you haven't done in any way. I am still extremely pissed about the matter I talked of in that post, and would love to hear an explanation.

Second, don't you think you're making a huge and wholly unjustifiable generalisation???
What, maybe 25 people responded to the Real Life Stats poll, and here you say EVERYBODY feels they're more intelligent than the average human. Where in the Nine Hells did you get that information???

if you think you not one of them, then leave
"everyone" means everyone who participated that post. almost everyone, alright? that term sounds accurate?

why should I respond to your post, if you don't even look at my point? the post I just previously put up is a detailed statement of my opinion. look at it first, and if you see anything wrong with it, then ... what the hell, do whatever you want
Old 09-06-2001, 04:20 PM   #73
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

that also means:

ILL AND DISABLED PEOPLE ARE NOT INCLUDED!

I would not offend ill or disabled people in anyway. I myself is in love with one. so what the hell do you think I am talking about?
Old 09-06-2001, 04:24 PM   #74
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
(which is understandable, I can't stand people who feel they're better than the rest myself), but you don't seem to notice that YOU, in making these absolute judgements, are being equally arrogant.

so you are saying you agree with me? well, the difference between you and me is:

I SAID IT,

and you just think about it

so we are not so much different

also, I was one of them myself. it angers me to see those people live in lives like that, and not aware of their situations.
Old 09-06-2001, 04:25 PM   #75
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well in that case rephrase that idiotic post of yours!! It really hurt me, isn't that enough?
Why should I leave simply because you're not talking about me?
First of all, even when you now say you didn't mean people like me, your post was insulting to me nevertheless. Go back and read your first post, and tell me do you honestly not see what's wrong with it??
Secondly, are you saying one is only allowed defense if the offender insulted one personally? I don't think so! If you were directing your post at the people of the Stats Poll only, I will still defend them because I think they're great people, and not even close to what you make them out to be.

------------------
and the HADB &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-06-2001, 04:28 PM   #76
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
so you are saying you agree with me? well, the difference between you and me is:

I SAID IT,

and you just think about it
Jesus Christ well thanks a lot. Go ahead, depict me like some sad person who is afraid to come forward and give her opinion but you're just twisting my words here! I said I don't like arrogant people, that doesn't mean I agree with what you said!

Your first post keeps referring to "everyone". If you can't see why people take offense at that I think you should work on yourself before you come her and make snotty comments on how WE are supposed to behave! THAT, IMHO, is pure arrogance.

------------------
and the HADB &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-06-2001, 04:47 PM   #77
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I can't really say one way or another, 250, what constitutes "success" for most people. I do know that "smarts" isn't all there is. I would rather be friends with someone who had heart than someone who was smart; although, given my "druthers", I'd take one who had both. However, give me heart over head any day. Now that may be stupid to some, but not to me. I'd rather have someone around who cared deeply and passionately about something, rather than someone who sits back and drily analyzes and dissects something with little or no emotion.

250, I have a question for you, since you are on the subject of self-improvement. Why did the poll on "stats" in User Created Polls offend you so much? The answer to that may be a telling insight on what's bothering you within. Just a thought.

Cheers,

for the first part, you completely misunderstood me, or maybe my point wasn't stated clearly. I am totally agree with what you said, but, that is not my point

for second part: I was angered because ... read the few posts I responded to Melusine, you might have an idea

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-06-2001).]
Old 09-06-2001, 04:52 PM   #78
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Ok .... I've read this thread through ... and very good points have been made ..
and Just to get my 2 cents in ... I personally responded to that poll, and was just having fun, thinking what my stats might be as a D&D character ... I can't speak for everyone in that post but I certainly didn't mean to offend or tick anyone off by putting what I put there ..... and they may be inacurate to what they would really be but what the hay, just thought it seemed like a fun thing to post on ..... just my opinion on the matter
Old 09-06-2001, 04:55 PM   #79
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by domingo:
Ok .... I've read this thread through ... and very good points have been made ..
and Just to get my 2 cents in ... I personally responded to that poll, and was just having fun, thinking what my stats might be as a D&D character ... I can't speak for everyone in that post but I certainly didn't mean to offend or tick anyone off by putting what I put there ..... and they may be inacurate to what they would really be but what the hay, just thought it seemed like a fun thing to post on ..... just my opinion on the matter
Exactly, and you shouldn't doubt yourself or apologise at all! I think no one would see that poll as anything other than a bit of good-natured fun.

------------------
and the HADB &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-06-2001, 05:08 PM   #80
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Melusine, I have held you in the utmost regard since I've joined this board, and that respect just increased again. I have been watching this thread and biting my tongue because I didn't want to get dragged into this again. Thank you for making sense and trying to make sense of this thread.

I completely agree with everything you have said so far and I'm with you 100%.

Rock on girl!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB