Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 09:32 PM   #121
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well this has been quite a unique thread to read since it was created. I did not reply my opinions, as truly, in my opinion, I do not feel superior to anyone, and my education only goes to high school graduation. So I would hate to express any opinions to just be shot down because I did not live up to the intelligent "elite" status. Either way, I think the word "education" is quite vast. It could mean going to college, and getting a degree; it could mean working 10 years at a job and knowing it like the back of your hand; it could be a simple guy working a simple job, but being a genius at other things, like poetry, painting, spiritualism, religion, philosophy.... who knows. Either way,who is to say who is the BEST. In my opinion, we all have something to offer to this world and to eachother that is worthwhile hearing.

In other words, knowing, say, Nuclear Physics, is a impressive thing, yes, but if you are a heartless jerk who separates himself from the human race to study his "numbers" is just as flawed as the guy who lives next door who does nothing but paints barns, but is the most caring compassionate guy you've ever met, if that makes sense. We are all EQUAL and on the same level in most instances, not all of course, I am merely generalising here.

Post from Moni: "I learned over at MH not to dare ever again post anything related to my level of intelligence (which in the polls I would have rated as at least 16 ) because of the other people who frequent this and that board who can't allow anyone to be smart or as smart as themselves."

????? Who are you talking about? Who hates thinking that you are smarter than themself?

MONI SAID: Esp when they have "gone to college and earned degrees"! Which anyone with any intelligence knows is BS because degrees are, for the most part, bought...education is available to anyone who has access to a post office, libraries, newspapers.

So you are saying Classroom Education, textbooks, etc. are useless? And "access to a post office?" What is the Post Office going to grace you with on an intelligent educational level that will raise your overall knowledge? You mean being able to mail in inquiries for information to certain colleges/schools? Just curious, maybe I'm not reading where you are going on that one... Either way, there are a lot of incredibly intelligent people out there who have no idea re these things, and basically choose to live a simple life on the outside, but a prosperous one on the inside. Again, which is better eh?

MONI SAID: I'd rather not stir up any more ugliness than what I have already seen posted here.

Well, ummm, then why did you insult some people with your post if you wanted the "ugliness" to drop? Seems to me you took a fire and blew air on it to keep it blazing, then suggested that everyone drop it.

MONI SAID: I'm just here to say enough is enough isn't it?

Well you said more than that, and started things anew, kinda of like a hit and run, wherein you get the last word.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 09-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 10:08 PM   #122
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Well this has been quite a unique thread to read since it was created. I did not reply my opinions, as truly, in my opinion, I do not feel superior to anyone, and my education only goes to high school graduation. So I would hate to express any opinions to just be shot down because I did not live up to the intelligent "elite" status. Either way, I think the word "education" is quite vast. It could mean going to college, and getting a degree; it could mean working 10 years at a job and knowing it like the back of your hand; it could be a simple guy working a simple job, but being a genius at other things, like poetry, painting, spiritualism, religion, philosophy.... who knows. Either way,who is to say who is the BEST. In my opinion, we all have something to offer to this world and to eachother that is worthwhile hearing.

In other words, knowing, say, Nuclear Physics, is a impressive thing, yes, but if you are a heartless jerk who separates himself from the human race to study his "numbers" is just as flawed as the guy who lives next door who does nothing but paints barns, but is the most caring compassionate guy you've ever met, if that makes sense. We are all EQUAL and on the same level in most instances, not all of course, I am merely generalising here.

Post from Moni: "I learned over at MH not to dare ever again post anything related to my level of intelligence (which in the polls I would have rated as at least 16 ) because of the other people who frequent this and that board who can't allow anyone to be smart or as smart as themselves."

????? Who are you talking about? Who hates thinking that you are smarter than themself?
This needs not be brought up in this forum, really...I was making a point to 250, a point that was taken by 250, as was intended. If you are that curious, ask around and you'll be led to the thread in MH by those people the subject matters to.

Quote:
MONI SAID: Esp when they have "gone to college and earned degrees"! Which anyone with any intelligence knows is BS because degrees are, for the most part, bought...education is available to anyone who has access to a post office, libraries, newspapers.

So you are saying Classroom Education, textbooks, etc. are useless? And "access to a post office?" What is the Post Office going to grace you with on an intelligent educational level that will raise your overall knowledge? Just curious, maybe I'm not reading where you are going on that one...
Now, if I thought they were useless, I would not be a college student right now would I?
Post Offices will deliver educational materials ordered by individuals from certain educational institutions. i.e. National Technical Institute (Not National Institute of Technology) will deliver courses, tests and even computers to the doorsteps of those who go their route. Books of any educational level can be ordered from many sources, Publisher's Clearing House included.

Quote:
MONI SAID: I'd rather not stir up any more ugliness than what I have already seen posted here.

Well, ummm, then why did you insult some people with your post if you wanted the "ugliness" to drop? Seems to me you took a fire and blew air on it to keep it blazing, then suggested that everyone drop it.
Excuse me?! I was talking to 250...I was making a point to 250...people were blowing up at 250 and twisting his words to be personal insults...if my posts was taken personally by anyone, that is their problem and they should be addressing me about it, not you, unless you are one of the offended, in which case I would have to ask you "why?!"

Quote:
MONI SAID: I'm just here to say enough is enough isn't it?

Well you said more than that, and started things anew, kinda of like a hit and run, wherein you get the last word.
Seriously, if you personally have a problem with what I posted, take it to e-mail or a moderator. You have never been so derogatory towards anything I have posted in the past and I am unaware of anything I may have ever said to offend you which would bring this side of you out! Are you posting this to defend someone else or are you honestly offended?
My last words (these) are only in defense of myself for what I said to begin with and in defense of 250 who was being accused of "thanking only the people who agreed with him" when he had thanked me for my initial post in his defense and was wrongfully attacked for it in that I never said that I was in agreement with him, just that enough name-calling and insulting had gone on in a thread where using your intelligence to better yourself was the whole point to begin with! Take a hint.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-07-2001, 10:21 PM   #123
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
What do you mean Degrees are mostly bought???
I'm Working my freakin A$$ of to get my degree and I know others who do this too
I know of no-one who has a degree but does not deserve it
How can you say something like this?
Do You have a Degree?
If so did you buy it?
If not Are you mad because you don't have one and want to excuse yourself like this?
I really like to know that...

Only that we pay good money to attend college, hopefully pass, and earn our degrees...what I meant is that learning many trades and skills as well as useful, life-managing information can be gleaned through books outside of the college realm...believe me, I know a lot of trades that I will never get paid top dollar for because I am not certified...I never paid an institution to learn carpentry, cabinetry, auto mechanics, plumbing, electrical repairs, accounting, etc. etc. I learned from books and friends and family members who were certified...I have the know-how without having had to pay for it.

When you earn your degree, you most definitely earn it! You study for the exams, you spend your time in school, studying at home, doing homework, etc, but you buy that educational certification in order to earn top dollar for practising the trade out in the working community.

I am currently enrolled in college to earn a BS in Interdisciplinary Studies.
I need the certification in order to get a good paying job as a teacher even though I have many years of experience with teaching young children the basics of their education.
This degree is being bought...to the tune of thousands of dollars by the time I get it in my hand! It is a precious gift, given to me by people who know that I have what it takes to do anything I want to do. I want to teach elementary school. I am sorry that you misunderstood my post!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-08-2001).]

Old 09-07-2001, 10:32 PM   #124
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
chill bro, I am buying a degree right now... LOL
no no no, Moni is just giving an example, it might not be accurate, but we all get her point, right? don't be offended. I am working on/buying a degree as well, no big deal
It is accurate if you understand that an education can be had away from schools and institutions that charge you for the certification that a degree provides you with!

Sephiroth and Lord Shield,
As much as you earn your degrees you also pay for them!
Utter rubbish LS? Pathetic?! Shame on you!
I can't believe the short-sightedness of what you all are implying by what I stated!
I'm not going back on what I said by "admitting" that you earn them...earning it (actually learning the needed information) is only part of it...you HAVE to buy the degree unless your education is being funded by government programs, in which case, someone else is footing the bill for you...degrees are paid for!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-08-2001).]

Old 09-07-2001, 10:55 PM   #125
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

"This needs not be brought up in this forum, really...I was making a point to 250, a point that was taken by 250, as was intended. If you are that curious, ask around and you'll be led to the thread in MH by those people the subject matters to."

You say it should not have been brought up on this forum, yet you did indeed bring it up. I know what thread you are referring to, and you know I know, and so do others know. In my opinion you were the arrogant and a subtley nasty one to respond on that, which btw, really surprises me, cause I thought you an all-round nice gal before that.

"Now, if I thought they were useless, I would not be a college student right now would I?"

Ehhh?? Then why did you rag on degrees, saying that they could be easily "bought" as if they had no real significance? I'd think there are a lot of people on this forum who worked very hard for their degrees.

"Post Offices will deliver educational materials ordered by individuals from certain educational institutions. i.e. National Technical Institute (Not National Institute of Technology) will deliver courses, tests and even computers to the doorsteps of those who go their route. Books of any educational level can be ordered from many sources, Publisher's Clearing House included."

OK, I get it what you are saying re the Post Office now. But what about those people that live like way far out in the country/mountains, who have no internet access, no cable access, and don't just plain know about getting an education re these types of mail-based institutions? Do they wind up being big Zeros in your book then? Cause they chose to work a back hoe instead? Not trying to be insulting Moni, just grew up in the country myself, and I swear the best human beings I have ever met, in so many ways, have been people who were not what we would consider "educated" or "elite".

"Excuse me?! I was talking to 250...I was making a point to 250...people were blowing up at 250 and twisting his words to be personal insults...if my posts was taken personally by anyone, that is their problem and they should be addressing me about it, not you, unless you are one of the offended, in which case I would have to ask you "why?!"

Well, yes, OK, you were talking to 250, but you seem to like to mention other's opinions and posts, so I am merely doing the same thing by referring to yours, whether you were talking to me or not. Let's face it, you put in your two cents when nobody is talking directly to you, so why can't I do the same eh?
And yes, your post WAS taken personally to me, as I am not college educated, nor this genius with words, etc. and I take offense that I may be regarded as small and insignificant. So that is my answer. Hey, I know you can't be that callous, as you take in so many stray dogs and kitties, there must be some type of compassion and respect in your heart for humans as well right? Or is it as you have said in the past "I hate people"?

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 11:32 PM   #126
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
"This needs not be brought up in this forum, really...I was making a point to 250, a point that was taken by 250, as was intended. If you are that curious, ask around and you'll be led to the thread in MH by those people the subject matters to."

You say it should not have been brought up on this forum, yet you did indeed bring it up. I know what thread you are referring to, and you know I know, and so do others know. In my opinion you were the arrogant and a subtley nasty one to respond on that, which btw, really surprises me, cause I thought you an all-round nice gal before that.
You asked who I was talking about...I said it need not be brought up here...if you know all the facts then why are you digging into the subject after the fact by asking for names unless it is to continue the ugliness of it all? Seriously!
I had to explain myself to a certain extent to 250 or my point would not have been understood! If I over-extended my boundaries of offering an explanation, do I need now to apologize to those who were offended by it? You have my apology for offending you, Ladyzekke...if anyone else wants one, they'll have to get on my case for my post.

Quote:
"Now, if I thought they were useless, I would not be a college student right now would I?"

Ehhh?? Then why did you rag on degrees, saying that they could be easily "bought" as if they had no real significance? I'd think there are a lot of people on this forum who worked very hard for their degrees.
Did I say that "they could be easily bought" or did I say that "they are, for the most part, bought"?! How does "for the most part" get turned into "easily"?

Quote:

OK, I get it what you are saying re the Post Office now. But what about those people that live like way far out in the country/mountains, who have no internet access, no cable access, and don't just plain know about getting an education re these types of mail-based institutions? Do they wind up being big Zeros in your book then? Cause they chose to work a back hoe instead? Not trying to be insulting Moni, just grew up in the country myself, and I swear the best human beings I have ever met, in so many ways, have been people who were not what we would consider "educated" or "elite".
Did I ever once say people who remain uneducated beyond their means of survival are Zeros?!
Did I?
What distinction did I make regarding the educated and the elite?!?!
You are way off base here, reading insults into my posts that don't exist!

Quote:
Well, yes, OK, you were talking to 250, but you seem to like to mention other's opinions and posts, so I am merely doing the same thing by referring to yours, whether you were talking to me or not. Let's face it, you put in your two cents when nobody is talking directly to you, so why can't I do the same eh?
And yes, your post WAS taken personally to me, as I am not college educated, nor this genius with words, etc. and I take offense that I may be regarded as small and insignificant. So that is my answer. Hey, I know you can't be that callous, as you take in so many stray dogs and kitties, there must be some type of compassion and respect in your heart for humans as well right? Or is it as you have said in the past "I hate people"?

When I mentioned other people posts, I mentioned the general attitude of the thread and of another thread wherein I had the same experience 250 was going through for mentioning intelligence, period.
I never pointed fingers and if anyone thinks I did then they need to look at themselves and ask themself why they think so...perhaps re-read what I wrote and try to understand that what I meant was in no way intended to be insulting as much as it was meant to make a point about being careful not to step on people's emotional toes around here .

Ladyzekke, I in no way intended for you or anyone to be insulted by my posts!
Thank you for addressing your concerns with me and hopefully we can eventually clear the air here!
Yes, you have every right to confront me with the offenses you took personally regarding what I posted and I am glad you did because it is better for us to sort out that I am not insulting anyone who does not have an education for one and for another, if you had read my response to Lilaria's question asking me what I meant when I said "I hate people" in the thread about that kitten you would understand that I meant,(because I had to explain myself) I hate the way people treat animals in need...that statement had a specific purpose in a specific topic in a specific thread...it is not an all-encompassing thing in my life to hate people!
If you only knew the level of love I hold for the population of this planet! Friends, family, strangers, enemies...no one and no creature is safe from getting love out of my heart!
If you read the User created poll on personal bumper stickers, you'll see I said it again there...in reference to drivers who create below-the-speed-limit-roadblocks-in pairs on the interstates! That does not mean that I literally hate everyone, only that I despise what people will do in given situations when they show heartlessness and stupidity and I end up being the one to pay for it, emotionally, monetarily and even timely by being made unnecessarily late! Tell me things like that don't tick you off!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-07-2001).]

Old 09-08-2001, 12:42 AM   #127
KHaN
Drow Warrior

I think the point here folks is that in order to earn/buy a degree (via grant, loan, parents, job etc...) you have to have enough capital to finish the three or four years it takes to get a Bach/Assoc. diploma. They just don't hand them out to anybody. Moni correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't that what you are relaying?

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."
Old 09-08-2001, 12:43 AM   #128
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Well i'm brilliant!
I've got an I.Q. of a Billion!!!!
I am an Oracle!!!!

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 12:47 AM   #129
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
I think the point here folks is that in order to earn/buy a degree (via grant, loan, parents, job etc...) you have to have enough capital to finish the three or four years it takes to get a Bach/Assoc. diploma. They just don't hand them out to anybody. Moni correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't that what you are relaying?

Yes, but if I haven't explained myself enough already to a point of being understood, it is no use, people don't want to understand, you know?

------------------

Old 09-08-2001, 01:07 AM   #130
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Obviously they don't. It's like trying to force feed a piranha......OUCH!

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."