Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 03:34 AM   #1
Agrippina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

THIS MESSAGE MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS TO BG2:Amn

SPOILER ALERT!

-----------------------------------------------------
Ok, I've just finished BG2 for the uptenth time. This time I perceded to have problems finisihng the Jaheria Romance. Namely, the romance didn't finish. I noticed that it may be due to two errors, and I'd like comments and suggestions if possible.

First, I never got the necklace from the Vendor in the Docks district. After I read about in another thread, I preceeded to get the Necklace, but I think it may be too late.

Second, I understand that the game does Romance at regular 1 hours ACTUAL USER (NOT GAME) TIME intervals. This is highly problematic. Namely, I can finish the game in about 24-30 hrs of playing time. This is partially due to the fact that I use "ctrl-J" to warp to whereever I want to go on the screen. I've grown tired of walking around... I'm sure some of you who have played the game ten thousand times like me, can relate to that.
My question is this: Is there anyway to use the CLUA Console line command to force the game to initate the next Love Talk Dialogue? This would be highly beneficial, as I could force the Love Talk Dialogue along. I'd like to see the whole romance played out, but I've got no interest in just wondering around for hours at a time to see that happen. Basically, I'm looking for a short cut.

Thanks again for you help.
Agrippina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 11:27 AM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JAHEIRAROMANCE","GLOBAL","1")
will get you the next dialogue
UNLESS:

1.) you are in an unsiutable area (i.e. some dungeons, the keep, ...)
2.) the dialogue is connected to resting - the dialogue will then start at your next rest
3.) some story requirements are not met (Dermin has not appeared yet,...)

The Jaheira romance plot is by far the most difficult due to its length and its buggy plot.
You may want to check out Manveru's page about it at
http://free.polbox.pl/m/manveru/jaheira.html
which lists common errors and fixes
Also Jaheira may NOT be kicked out of the party (that includes being imprisoned and freed again! or similar occasions)
Oh and the keepsake locket is just a goodie and not required for the romance.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:37 AM   #3
Xenturi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

? can you do that with all the romances????
Xenturi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:46 PM   #4
Agrippina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok. I tried the cluaconsole that you suggested and nothing happened. I rested, I went to another screen, still nothing.
Agrippina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 04:50 PM   #5
mangy_dog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If it is user time, then just leave the game paused and go do something else for an hour. Then come back.
mangy_dog is offline   Reply With Quote