Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2001, 08:42 PM   #11
Aurican
Elminster

SwordBaron - I have the above sword waiting if you'd simply respond and let me know what exactly you mean in your description....

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?

http://angelfire.com/rpg/aurican
Old 06-05-2001, 08:54 PM   #12
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I'm pretty sure he means 2 D4 +4 damage as standard with +3 extra damage Vs Evil. Effectively a 2D4 +7 Vs Evil. Similar to the War Hammer +1, +4 extra damage vs Giant Humanoids.

hope it helps dude.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-05-2001, 09:15 PM   #13
Aurican
Elminster

ok, since you might have left.. I have your sword on my website. It is a +3 normal/+6 to evil. It does all the stuff you wanted and I made it black except for the blade itself. I didn't test this weapon so I don't even know if it is loadable. I am in kind of a hurry but here ya go. You the link below and follow the links. My request page is at the bottom of my item page.. good luck, I hope this works, if it doesn't, leave a message and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't help but try this weapon out to make sure it works.. It doesn't. What I found out was that one, the effect that gives you extra damage is a eff file, which is a bitch to write. If one item has this effect and another is introduced it crashes the game. Two, the intelligence drain thing is porblematic. It is not a spell exactly and currently to my knowledge cannot be made immune to. I'll try and see what I could do. The ac and resistance stuff are a piece of cake so don't worry about those. I'll try to see what I can do for you tomorrow. Sorry mate, I wish I could help more.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Aurican (edited 06-05-2001).]
Old 06-06-2001, 02:55 PM   #14
SwordBaron
Dungeon Master

OOOOOOPS.....sorry damn, had to go to work, my bad thing to forget to say that...anyway...

As Caravan said it

I'm pretty sure he means 2 D4 +4 damage as standard with +3 extra damage Vs Evil. Effectively a 2D4 +7 Vs Evil. Similar to the War Hammer +1, +4 extra damage vs Giant Humanoids.

but I did write the story line for it, or brainstormed it, the thing is I have to rethink it for a few, gonna have to give me a day to think about this, thanks for trying it tho. thats the problem with intro'ing something new to the game unless you have the very spec's on it it wont work, need to rethink this

------------------
" Live by the Sword...live a good life"
Old 06-06-2001, 03:07 PM   #15
Aurican
Elminster

Well I guess I kinda got impatient and kinda made the sword already... I used your anti-mindflayer sentiments but dropped the rest because it was way too powerful... The link to the thread about it is here:
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/007274.html

------------------

Old 06-06-2001, 03:15 PM   #16
Legolas the Elven Archer

"While you're at it, could you create a staff for me? I want it to make me invincible, immortal and invisible, it has to be able to kill anything by pointing at it and give me 900000000000 EXP each time I walk a step. I would also appreciate it if it could make me win the game through the item abilities button."

No offence, but if you use a sword like that, Mr. JI can just surrender straight away and you can leave TOB on the shelves...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-06-2001, 03:53 PM   #17
Leagle
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by SwordBaron:
I dont know, also the handle if you seen one would look much like the handle of the sword that kid used in The Three Musketeers, with a hand guard

You mean a rapier.
Old 06-06-2001, 04:06 PM   #18
SwordBaron
Dungeon Master

Legolas think about this for a second, if you never read the history of the Drow, you should, very good reading and gives you insight about what happened in the Underdark, I mean think about it, there is a what 4 races in the Underdark, one is druegers, mindflayers, the dreaded Drow, and the other race, the miners. ok now, we all know that the other swords in the game are very good, and are used against certain npc's, but how does the sentients of the underdark combat against say the drow or the mindflayers.

Back when the wars in the elvin cities and the drow cities cause a cataclismic event to happen and the world shook to fill the holes and the Underdak was create. Many things had to to place and happen. Races had to fight races. Many had to combat each other just to keep a foot hold.
One race of miners, having to deal with the hardships of the drow and the Illitids had to find a way to combat the forces closing in on them. They had a fierce warrior spirit, some content to be miners but others feeling the pull to defend what little they had. One such warrior was not like the rest of his breathren. Almost as tall as a human but still one of his people, asked that a very special sword be made to help combat the mind flayers and help fight the drow.
A mage, more powerful then was known, stepped for and asked that a special sword be forged so that the mage could enchant it. But so powerful as the enchantment that it drained the mage. To the point where the mage had no power left over and never will regain it.
The warrior accepting the sword forged for him and in great gratitude to the mage for what he did, set out to use it respectfully and with honour to the mage. For the sword was forged in secret and for battle only when needed, was not used but only to defend the homes of the miners, when the drow came calling, the use of the sword was used but sparingly. But, there still was the presence of the Illithids in the underdark, the sword was then taken up for honour and to defend the home. For it was known that the mind flayers were quick in to drain the mind of an opponent. But, the sword that the mage sacrificed power to defend was unsheathed and brought to bear. Although, the mind flayers would attack with regular damage to the warrior, still nothing was done to his mind, held fast by the sword, the warrior did not stop untill the mind flayer that came to call was destoyed, then the sword was put back to rest.
Although the warrior was good against the mind flayers, still he could not live forever. The mind flayers having learned a lesson about the sword backed off. Still the sword might be used, only for defence and honour against the mind flayers. For time takes its tole on everyone, and the warrior felt the effects, the sword was layed to rest. How it came to be out of the Underdark, is unknown.

------------------
" Live by the Sword...live a good life"
Old 06-07-2001, 06:54 AM   #19
Legolas the Elven Archer

Well, I know of the history of the drow, anditis not unreasonable to think the former denizens of the underdark used magic against their foes. But I doubt they could have put it all into a single item. If you want these abilities, make a complete set of a sword, a shield and a ring or something like that. It would still be too powerful against the Illithid, just like the shield of Balduran, but at least there'd be less killer combos.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-07-2001, 11:46 AM   #20
Aurican
Elminster

Legolas, you are right. The weapon still is too powerful. I made it for the guy though, its what he wants for him to have fun playing... To further balance the sword out, I would make the wielder immune to psyonic blasts and then let them deal with the domination thing themselves, as for the devouring brain, kill it before it gets too close..

------------------