Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2001, 12:37 AM   #1
draconia

I just completed the Druid Quest and I have gotten quite a bit of weapons. I would like some suggestions or opinions on what I should keep and what I should get rid of and out of what I keep, who should get them. Right now my party is my character a thief, Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie, Yoshimo and Cernd( haven't decided if I want to keep him) The weapons I have gotten are Scimitar +2,Rashad's Talon; Club +2, Gnasher; Flame Tongue +1; Spear of the Unicorn +2; Scimitar of Speed, Belm: and Cleric's Staff +3. Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciate. Thanks

Old 01-13-2001, 01:48 AM   #2
draconia

Is this a dumb post? I hope not. I was just curious to know what everyone thought might be the best stuff to keep. I guess I will just go. Good Night!!!

Old 01-13-2001, 01:49 AM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hi Draconia,
I'd keep the clerics staff+3. A +3 weapon is a +3 weapon after all, and being blunt to boot, you never know when you may need it.(Like vs clay golems)
I'd ditch flametounge. Stonefire or the flail of ages do similar things (kill Trolls properly) but with more damage.
Keep at least one of the Scimitars for Jaheira, probably Belm. I wouldn't worry about Gnasher as Cernd has a good staff, and would normally fight as a werewolf anyway.
Does the spear of the unicorn do anything special? I can't remember so I must have ditched it. Sounds good though, and unless you've got a great short sword or dagger may be useful as a piercing option vs stone golems for eg. The best spear - Impaler is a fair way off. (Don't spoil her anyone)so it may be worth keeping.

I normally keep my weapons in a safe place like my stronghold. Then if I ever want that halberd +? vs Dragons I can go back and get it.

I sell stuff I know I'll never need, purely so: money money money, can be funny, in my characters world. (Do do do do doooo, doodle doodle do do do do dooo............etc)
Old 01-13-2001, 02:01 AM   #4
draconia

Thanks Yorick for replying. I went and looked at the Spear of the Unicorn. This is what it says about it. Immunity to charm and hold peron. +3 to all save vs. death. THACO: +2 bonus, damage 1d6 +2 Speed factor:4 So, should I just sell it?

Old 01-13-2001, 03:57 AM   #5
G.W.

Hmm, you have one too many druids. I would drop Cernd. I would pick up another fighter since your character is a thief. Maybe Valygar. He's quite talented. Or Mazzy if your thief does not use a short bow. If it's possible, try to get Jaheria to dual wield gnasher and the scimitar of speed. It is probably too late for you to have allocated points on dual wield though. Hold onto the Gnasher for hitting things that wear platemail, for hitting skeletal creatures and for other things that are resistant to slashing. You'll also find more cleric's staves so sell it.

Old 01-13-2001, 04:38 AM   #6
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

I'd agree, drop Cernd and go for maybe Keldorn?.
As for your weapons, I try to equip all my party with +3 weapons at least.
Old 01-13-2001, 05:58 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Draconia it sounds like a weapon you could use when fighting undead and particular mages. I'd keep it as an option. If you end up taking Valygar, he's proficient in spears too.
Old 01-13-2001, 06:11 AM   #8
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Yorick,
Maybe a good spear to keep until she gets the better ones later on. I can't remember, is Jaheira proficient in spears?.
Old 01-13-2001, 08:22 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Draconia!
Well as the question about weapons, my party surely would have appreciated a Caddy or fifteen cause there are good weapons which is good to keep, however i have a general problem with staffs and spears... They don´t give you a very appreciated shield bonus.. But Staffs are good cause there are alot of people that can use them, spears however aren´t just worth it unless your character can use it, staff of the unicorn is nice due to its protection but otherwise I would leave it a stronghold or in a basket in the harbour area...
Old 01-13-2001, 09:42 AM   #10
draconia

Thanks everyone. I had Valygar in my party but I dropped him to get Cernd to do the Druid Quest. I have thought about going and gettin Valygar back. I have another question. Which of these weapons will work well against Vampires?