Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2004, 07:56 AM   #1
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

I just crashed in Oswald's airship and reached a bunch of rangers and druids where a black panter won't let me go through. Being all diplomatic playing the game so far, I tried to talk them into letting me pass, but it didn't work out. I was wondering if there's a way to finish this without resorting to violence. Tnx in advance.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, you could always cheat by turning on the console and then jumping past. As I recall, if you're diplomatic enough, you can get to see the leader, but that leads to unpleasantness. After the first game, I avoided all that.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:08 AM   #3
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

SPOILER
You can always try to convince the panther you're big and strong and worthy enough to meet the leader
Old 06-23-2004, 12:25 PM   #4
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

More likely than not it would end in a fight.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:54 PM   #5
d3fton3s
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yup, a fight it is.. You can't avoid it anyway, so its better to start off with all the deffencive spells and positions ready instaed of being attacked while your party is not ready.. your spellcasters might get some heavy hits due to the ranger/druid class spells which they will cast at you asap.. (I hope you know which spells I mean..)
d3fton3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:25 PM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Nope, with high Diplomacy the head druid/ranger seems a bit reluctant to forbid passage, but then Sherincal comes in and kills his darling and he says "Damn the Legion" or something and lets you pass. With even higher Intimidate or Bluff you can tell him that you're powerfull enough to blast everything to the Abyssal planes if he doesn't let you through. Or, if you play a Banite you can persuade the druid that Bane rules over Auriland that Bane commands him to let you through. There's tons of combinations of skills and classes in the game that you can use to accomplish stuff. But I'd kill them if I were you.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:32 PM   #7
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

Thanks, everybody. I decided it's best to kill them for XP although Sherincal showed up and killed head druids girlfriend or whatever she was to him.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:41 AM   #8
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

yeah, i was ticked... i got there and was TRYING to get into a fight. so i says to him that im tough and i'll kill him and he buggers out and lets me go. how freaking boring.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:51 AM   #9
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
If its such a bore, just use some initiative by force attacking them and they can all be dead rather quickly. Voila, toughness proved.

I was quite disappointed in this encounter aswell though, to be honest. I tried using all of my characters in dialogue options but could not get anything different between them other than the bland ones which were offered. Everything about the entire situation seemed to reek of 'inevitable bloodshed', which is why I ended up simply attacking them without bothering to engage in dialogue in the end, to gain the advantage.

I use this tactic regularly when I know combat is inevitable - although it has backfired a couple of times. The Throne of Bhaal thread about princess Daiyatha was the last instance. I'm not so concerned with Icewind Dale II, since it is much more combat oriented.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote