Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2003, 07:06 PM   #1
listeningism
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just went through the whole cave place (where you first enteer Dorn's, and killed all those Myconid and Ettins.) Then I killed everyone in the top (I'm guessing its the top anyways) floor of the complex. Then i accidentally ran into an Umber hulk: Saablic? And cleared that place for him and killedthat general. Now, I've done the table puzzle and went down the "hidden" stairs. Then I talked witht hat dead dwarf guy and went through the door at the top of the stairs. I killed thatundead legion and the lich. Then i went through the door behind the lich... I killed another lich and then searched all the the graves(i think they're graves) and got some fun stuff. But the door at the end of the hallway won't open... Is there a key or sumtin? Acause I can't find it... Thanks for any replies! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2003, 08:45 PM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

listeningism,

It is the same lich. You didn't really kill him the first time.

(I'm sure you'd figure this out fairly soon, but here is a tip: It is generally accepted etiquette in this forum to warn in the title and/or as I have, below, when your post contains storyline or hints that would "spoil" the game for those who unwittingly stumble into your post wanting far less detail than you gave. I , for the most part, like getting spoiled; but there are those who do not....)
~
(The spoiler you asked for...)

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Go back a few rooms to the twin curved stairs. IIRC, you will find what you need in the statue (furnace?) between them.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 12-17-2003, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:21 PM   #3
listeningism
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh... I'm really sorry to anyone that did come in here without knowing about the spoiler. Sorry to anyone! And thanks for telling me NobleNick. Ok, thanks for telling me, I'll try that.Meryr Christmas/ religious holiday everyone!
Old 12-21-2003, 07:16 PM   #4
Yumi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question Mark

Hey, I was just there, took me awhile to figure things out. Just to be sure, you have Defeated the lich, not just beat him up, right?
Possible spoilers~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
You can't kill him the normal way, you need his life-force container that the ghost told you about and take it into one of the tombs. Then return to the ghost who will allow you to access the furnace with the key NobleNick mentioned. Watch it, some new, really hard, enemies appear in the tombs after you get the furnace open. That should hope, I help.