Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Odd news... December 08

From Yahoo Odd News...

Quote:

Man allegedly assaults girlfriend with burger

VERO BEACH, Fla. – A Vero Beach man faces a domestic violence charge after authorities said he assaulted his girlfriend with a cheeseburger. An Indian River County Sheriff's Office arrest report said a 22-year-old man and his girlfriend got into an argument as they sat in a car in front of their home.

The report said the man would not let the woman out of the vehicle, so she threw his drink out of the car. In response, the man allegedly grabbed her arm and smashed the cheeseburger into her face. The pair got out of the car, and authorities say the man again took the McDonald's sandwich and put it on her face.

The man was released on $1,000 bond Wednesday.
___
Information from: Press-Journal, http://www.tcpalm.com/vero
I guess he's looking forward to going to prison and telling people he whacked his girlfriend in the face with his Big Mac....

Stupid. Sadly, I don't think this means she was all that brilliant about it either
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.

Last edited by Bungleau; 12-04-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Odd news... December 08

I hate when I screw these up...
Yahoo Odd News

Quote:

Leaving on a jet plane? Texas airport has karaoke

HOUSTON – Leaving on a jet plane? Is the waiting the hardest part? Try airport karaoke! Houston's Bush International Airport is setting up karaoke booths for travelers, just in time for the holidays. One was to be up and running on Thursday afternoon, airport officials said.

For the past two years, officials have invited choirs and bands from high schools and churches to perform at Bush and Hobby airports during December. Karaoke seemed the next logical step, said Caroline Schneider, assistant airport manager for customer service.

"During the holidays, we have a lot of our novice travelers," she said. "We thought while they are waiting, they can just sing a song."

Aspiring vocalists can choose from hundreds of song titles, Schneider said. Small prizes will be given to the singers.
___
Information from: The Houston Chronicle, http://www.chron.com.
Soon it won't be safe to head to the airport any more, either... I wonder if the "small prizes" include frequent flier miles? Upgrades would be nice...
-+-+-+
Old 12-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
Arvon
Unicorn

Here's a couple:
Two of Oregon's unique public health markers clashed dramatically for resident Barbara Wagner this summer when she was informed that the universal medical care available to everyone in the state (but with certain service restrictions) would not pay for her expensive lung cancer drug (because her five-year survival likelihood was poor), but was told, at the same time, that the state would pay for any necessary drugs under its Death With Dignity Law (i.e., suicide). [ABC News, 8-6-08]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Women Under Arrest
The September mug shot of Michelle Allen of Middletown, Ohio, was possibly the Internet's most-circulated news photo of 2008, since she was inexplicably dressed in a full-body cow suit (with rubber teats) as she was allegedly disorderly in chasing children and interfering with traffic. (Alcohol may have been involved.) [WLWT-TV (Cincinnati), 9-30-08]

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Perplexed Re: Odd news... December 08

What? no pics, Arvon?

Man, I'm sorry I went looking... but apparently, the cops there would be interested in someone who can photoshop things together...
-+-+-+
Old 12-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Shocked What a kiss....

From Yahoo Odd News

Quote:

The kiss of deaf - Chinese man ruptures girlfriend's eardrum

BEIJING (Reuters) – A young woman in southern China has partially lost her hearing after her boyfriend ruptured her eardrum during an excessively passionate kiss, local media reported Monday.

The 20-something girl from Zhuhai, in southern Guangdong province, went to hospital completely deaf in her left ear, the China Daily said, citing a report in a local newspaper.

"The kiss reduced pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out and caused the breakdown of the ear," the paper quoted a doctor surnamed Li from the hospital as saying.

The woman's hearing would likely return to normal after about two months, Li said.

"While kissing is normally very safe, doctors advise people to proceed with caution," the paper said.

(Reporting by Ian Ransom; Editing by Nick Macfie)
Ummmm.... yeah. What a hell of a lip lock... I guess the ol' "come up for air" routine has some merit after all...
-+-+-+
Old 12-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Crazy Whoopsie!

From Yahoo Odd News...

Quote:

German journal prints suggestive Chinese symbols

BERLIN – A German academic journal has apologized for printing sexually suggestive text on the cover of its current issue about China.

The cover of the Max Planck Institute's current research journal features five rows of Chinese characters against a red background. Spokeswoman Christina Beck says an image agency claimed they were old Chinese characters and an institute sinologist said they were "uncontroversial."

Chinese guest professors who saw some of the 55,000 copies disagreed.

Beck said Wednesday the characters were actually "an employment ad for young women that points in a very specific direction."

The institute has issued an apology to the visiting Chinese scholars. An upcoming run of 22,000 English-language copies will have a new cover.
Ya know, doing things in another language is *just* not that easy... although methinks that image agency is on the line for the reprint bill.

Took me a minute for the institute Sinologist... For a moment, I wondered where I could specialize in the study of sin, but realized that it's *probably* Sino, an abbreviation for Chinese.

Still, one can dream...
-+-+-+
Old 12-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Burglar: I was held captive by ghost for 3 days
Would-be thief says 'supernatural figure' prevented him from fleeing

Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A burglar who broke into a house claims he was held captive by a "supernatural figure" for three days without food and water, officials said.

Police official Abdul Marlik Hakim Johar told The Star newspaper the house's owners found the 36-year-old man fatigued and dehydrated when they returned from vacation Thursday.

He says they called an ambulance to take him to a hospital.

The man told police that every time he tried to escape, a "supernatural figure" shoved him to the ground.

Abdul Marlik could not immediately be reached and other police officials declined to comment.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
Arvon
Unicorn

The Christmas Nativity scenes in northeast Spain's Catalonia region have, for three centuries, featured not only Mary and the Three Wise Men but the ubiquitous "caganer" icon, always portrayed with pants down answering a call of nature (and often so obscured in the scene as to popularize Where's-Waldo-type guessing by children). The origin of the caganer (literally, "pooper") is unclear, but some regard it merely as symbolic of equality (in that everyone has bowel movements). Catalonia is now home to artists who craft statuettes of religious figures poised to relieve themselves, and the franchise extends to renditions of sports figures and celebrities (and even a squatting President Bush). One family in Girona province sells about 25,000 a year, according to a November dispatch in Germany's Der Spiegel. [Spiegel Online, 11-25-08]

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #9
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Default Re: Whoopsie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
For a moment, I wondered where I could specialize in the study of sin,
Las Vegas?

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

From Yahoo Odd News...

Quote:

Police: Armed burglars demand man's eggbeater

TAMPA, Fla. – It really must have been a special item. According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, two men entered a man's home early Sunday and demanded his eggbeater. One suspect was holding a pistol while the other brandished a knife to the resident's neck.

Police caught the men outside the home and they are being held in Orient Road Jail. One suspect also faces a charge of aggravated assault.

Police found the eggbeater in the man's left pocket.
___
Information from: The Tampa Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
Okay... I *REALLY* want to know the rest of this story. Your eggbeater or your life? C'mon...

BTW, any jokes about eggs, beating, and prison are prohibited from this thread...
-+-+-+