Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #131
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Geez, I just bought one of the craziest fireworks I have ever seen. "Exploding Terrorist Head." It's like a fountain, but than it explodes at the end. It's a conic shape with a body on it with the head of a terrorist (One before my time, dunno his name) and it says in it's description: "Emits a bright yellow spark shower, followed by crackle shower, and ends in 2 headshot reports."

HEADSHOT REPORTS.

I love this thing. It's so funny. Not funny to me because I'm patriotic, just funny because someone came up with this thing. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I also bought an firecracker that's the equivalent of a quarter stick of dynamite, wheeeeeeeeee.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:13 PM   #132
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I had the weirdest thing happen yesterday... this lady comes and she asks to see the size of the regular cups, and after that, then she wanted to see the large. She brushed away the large, and asked how much it is, ($4.25) and so she rummaged around her purse (more like sack with a rope on it really... [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) for the money, and after counting out pennies and dimes, she asked for 'sola' water (just carbonated water.). I told her that we only have water out of the pop fountain, and she went into a huff about us must having a button for sola water, and I told her no,sorry. Sooooo, then she got all mad at me and said she'd never come here again and threw the cup(with ice) back at me and stormed off. I have never seen ANYONE that would make that much of a fuss over bubbly water. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #133
SomeGuy
Unicorn

You should've thrown it back. If I ever get hired for a job like your's Sir G, I'm gonna tell the manager that if a customer is rude to me, I hold the right to be rude right back to them! (And probably get fired for it, but that's okay! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #134
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Oh, it was tempting, I must say. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #135
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HI ALL! Just a quick howdy before we go off to bbq our steak and cook some corn on the cob!
Old 07-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #136
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

SOLA pop? How old was she? Even I haven't heard that one.
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #137
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Hello all, Happy July 4th to all my fellow state siders, and any others that celebrate the holiday. Hehehe, I'm happy today; I got a new toy . Today I ran over to a local Circuit City and picked up an MP3 player, 30 GB drive Li ion battery with 14 hours of life per charge. Plays MP3's wav and wma (I think many of them do this now?)At any rate I just dumped every last drop of music I own into it and have only taken up about 5 gigs.

The sales rep pissed me off though. He offered the standard store warranty policy and I declined. Then he said, "May I ask why?"
Nice and rude as if I had no business being there in the first place. Just cuz I don't want to shell out an extra $70 for their coverage.

Anyways had an awesome dinner tonight. My dad finally learned how to smoke meat properly. Had a delicious Jack Daniels smoked BBQ chicken. Marinated in E.V.O.O. and balsamic vinigar prior to smoking.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:57 AM   #138
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:

The sales rep pissed me off though. He offered the standard store warranty policy and I declined. Then he said, "May I ask why?"
Nice and rude as if I had no business being there in the first place. Just cuz I don't want to shell out an extra $70 for their coverage.
Have fun with the new toy FSA.

You touched on a scam that really annoys me FSA, that of stores overiding a producers normal warranty (say two years) and offering a basic one year policy and offer to sell you a bonus year or two for extra cost. The salesmen usually get the piss off treatment from me when they try that one. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

And of course there is the moronic 'this product is so reliable it only needs a one year warranty' do people actually fall for such bull? /rantoff

A cold night down here guys, I'm sat with my beanie on [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:04 AM   #139
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Happy new tunes, FSA!

Wellard, couldn't agree more about those 'extended warranties'! I never take them either!

[ 07-05-2005, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #140
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Glad your head is warm with your beanie wellard, you should post a pic [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I competed in the Inter-House sportsday at school doing longjump. I only did it as I was begged by the team captain (no one wanted to do it), and I got out of science.
Surprisingly I came 2nd with 4 metres 55cm. That's pretty much made my day! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The girlfriend is coming round tonight to watch a DVD as she is off on a school trip to Germany tomorrow

It's rainy and wet, damn unpredictable English weather. It was sunny this morning so I wore just my shirt (and trousers, shoes, socks, boxers) to school and got soaked on the way home.