Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2003, 06:57 PM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ive played the demo for the microsoft game:Freelancer and i think its is awsome,and am definately going to buy it, Yet when i read some of the reviews around all i see are bad comments, because they keep compairing the game to "elite" or something like that. So what do you think of the game?
plaese tell me so i know weither to buy or not.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:48 PM   #2
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Ive played the demo for the microsoft game:Freelancer and i think its is awsome,and am definately going to buy it, Yet when i read some of the reviews around all i see are bad comments, because they keep compairing the game to "elite" or something like that. So what do you think of the game?
plaese tell me so i know weither to buy or not.
It's a good game. But it's not Frontier:Elite. Frontier:Elite basically didn't have a story. You could just fly around and do jobs. Bounty hunting. Delivering cargo in the nick of time. Mining asteroids and planets. Pirating. You name it. The Universe was just HUGE. Probably over 1000 planets. Maybe over 10,000. I don't really remember anymore.

But it was pretty cool.

This game was supposed to have a lot of that element. But if fell way short. Much more like Privateer, though not quite as open.

Still, I have it and it's fun. But the RPG element is sorely lacking. And there are only a few non-plot NPC voices. And they all say the same thing...
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Old 03-28-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Do you think that it is worth buying?
Old 03-29-2003, 05:10 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Hm.. I've been told the Single Player campain is too short, and after that it is just 'more of the same'. Still, I might be buying this game myself [img]smile.gif[/img] Might be fun in multiplayer [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] .